Installing inground pool back fill with gravel or dirt?

Jan 29, 2012
We are going to be installing a new inground pool (rectangle) I have 2 pool contractors that I have narrowed it down to. One recommends back filling with dirt and a french drain around the pool. The other recommends back filling with gravel and french drain. Until a friend of mine told me about this website. I was going nutz just trying to find out the better option. Please help

Thanks
Wheelman :?

Wheelman, I am in south central Pa. Would you mind telling me who is your PB? I have two quotes so far. One backfills with gravel (the one I am leaning towards) and the other with dirt. I would like at least one more quote to compare before I decide on who to go with. So far I am leaning towards the owner-operated PB and not the 'big box' salesman one. Just curious as to who you are working with and if you are happy with your choice so far.

Thanks!

Thanks for getting back to me. I am in Lancaster county - a bit too out of the way for fagano's as I want someone more local to me. Have you started to dig? Would love to see pics when you get started.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.