Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: IntelliChlor IC20 no LEDs lit

1. Back To Top    #1

IntelliChlor IC20 no LEDs lit

Today I noticed none of the LEDs on my IC20 are lit. They were on about three weeks ago when I last checked it. I am located in Central FLorida and have a 15K gallon in ground pool with standard drains/ built in cleaning system.

Any ideas of where to start?

2. Back To Top    #2
    Baton Rouge, LA

Re: IntelliChlor IC20 no LEDs lit

Is your system "on" pump running? Do you have any automation? Is the breaker to the cell power supply tripped? Could be alot of things. also check the cable between the cell and the power supply.
    (DIY):16K Gal 20X30 rectangular IG Gunite, w/spa, CCP 520 filter,2 Pentair VS pumps, 400KBTU Pentair gas heater, Heat Pump for cooling, **update5.25.2013** added an intellichem with acid pump that will control existing SWG. My Build Thread Here

3. Back To Top    #3

The pump is running and the breaker to the cell is not tripped. I will acquire the proper fuse this week and install it...but I have a feeling it will pop. I spoke to an authorized Pentair service tech and he indicated that is the fuse blows again it's probably the cell causing it.

I've searched online and found pricing at approx. $500+. I've also searched on how to crack one of these open and troubleshoot.

Thanks for your response...

4. Back To Top    #4

I am having this same problem. The power center appears to be fine, fuse is fine, green led in power center is lit. The cell seems to be dead. No lights at all. Not clogged. I appreciate any help.

5. Back To Top    #5

About 2 weeks after posting this, water started leaking from within the IC20...not from either end where the pipe junctions are...from within. I guess the same will eventually happen to yours too, Anywayt I shopped around locally and could not find anything cheapear the $507 (no including tax). I order one on EBAY for $472 with free s&h. It should be here by next week.

6. Back To Top    #6

Sorry to hear that. How old was yours? Mine is 3.5 years old also in C. florida. I read it should last for 5 but the warranty is 3. Guess I'm getting a new one too.

7. Back To Top    #7

Mine is a little over 4 years old. I just got the new one yesterday and installed. Now I need a fuse in the power connect and the pool will back online.

8. Back To Top    #8

The new unit is install and working great.

I ordered it off EBAY @ $471.95 w/ free s&h from:
    A1 Pool Supply
    PO BOX 230958
    LAS VEGAS, Nevada 89105-0958

They were the cheapest I could find, at that time...even cheaper than from the guy who built my pool!

I took apart the old one, thinking I could figure out what went wrong, but the inerds are sealed farily well.

I hope this information helps you.

9. Back To Top    #9

I am having the same issue as others, no lights on cell but power supply appears to be functioning because green light is on. I replaced the fuse just be sure but that didn't fix the problem. When the cell goes bad do all the lights on the cell stop functioning?

10. Back To Top    #10

Yes they do. In my case, the fuse was blown so I replaced it. As soon as I applied power, the LEDs on the IC20 came one for less than a second and then all of them went out. Hence the fuse was blown, again. When I called a local pool company for some advice they mentioned this sounds like the IC20 rather than the Power Connect.

Hope this helps and good luck.

11. Back To Top    #11

Winter Haven, FL

I am having this problem, and I rent my house. Hopefully my landlords can get it fixed. I am responsible for maintaing the pool, but I shouldn't be responsible if this thing is jacked up on me. Plus I just moved into the house.
    About my pool: 15x32 IG Gunite, 16.2k gallons, SWG, Solaxx PureChlor, Cartridge filter