Green/yellow slime growing under spa cover!

wkussmaul

Gold Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Aug 29, 2010
Hi,
I am having no trouble whatsoever with my bromine/bleach system as taught on this forum. The water is fine. It's the spa cover that is the problem.

Every couple of weeks I notice a patch of slime growing and spreading from a central spot under the spa cover. I just wiped it off the first time. Today, I wiped it off then poured bleach on it.

Any other tips? Anyone seen anything like this? Strangely, though we've had this spa since 1995, this is the first year that this has happened. BTW this is the second cover I have had, this one is about 6 years old.

It sounds like you have done the best thing to handle it. I would even go further to suggest that you take a spray bottle, add a bleach solution to it (10% should be good), and go ahead and mist the underside of the cover once again. Then, I would maybe take it off the spa and let the underside dry out by flipping it upside down in the sun for a couple of days. Then place it back on and see if it reappears.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.