Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Sealing Skimmer Cover

1. Back To Top    #1

Sealing Skimmer Cover

Does anyone have any tips on sealing skimmer cover to keep rain water from getting in the skimmer box? We've had an unusual amount of rain so far this winter but I have kept the pool drained and the level has not gotten to the skiller opening. I also have a cover on the opening (skimmer plug) and a gizmo installed for freezing. The only water I'm getting into the skimmer box is coming in from the cover. Any ideas appreciated!!
    21000 Gallons I/G,,Vinyl,, 1.5 H.P. Hayward Pump,, Hayward Sand Filter S244T.. Liquidator.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Sealing Skimmer Cover

I just cut two square pieces of rubber larger than the opening, and put two screw holes in it to line up with the screw holes on the skimmer cover.
    I then screwed them down right on top of the existing cover.
    I'm not sure if this is preventing water from entering, since my pool keeps filling up to the skimmer due to all the rain we are also getting.
    Eric

IG 17x33 Grecian - Vinyl Liner (21k gallons), Hayward Pro-Grid DE 4820 filter, Hayward Super Pump, CompuPool SWG CPSC36, TF-100 Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Sealing Skimmer Cover

Quote Originally Posted by joel0711
    Does anyone have any tips on sealing skimmer cover to keep rain water from getting in the skimmer box?
    Why is it a concern? It wont hurt anything.
    14,000 gallon IG, Vinyl. Hayward 3/4 hp superpump, Penatair IC40 SWCG, Pentair automation, Hayward sand filter, Aqua Comfort heat pump, Hayward 400k Lo-Nox LP heater.