Oxford 24' Aluminum pool vs Sharkline 24' Matrix

Jan 19, 2012
Richland, PA
I have no experience on either of those pool brands...both look fine to me, though I like the price of the second :-D

The pump you are suggesting is the one I have for my 21' and it has been great, and should be plenty for your 24' as well. I prefer sand filters to DE (and I have more experience with sand) so someone else will have to chime in on you filter choice.

I have a 20' Sharkline Matrix, I think it's a great pool. I've only had it for 1 season but I think it's very well made, I put the pool up myself and I believe it's a very well engineered product, it looks great and our family had a blast last summer. No complaints on Matrix, I did a lot of research before buying and Sharkline seemed to be a reputable company with good reviews.

I bought mine online at FamilyPoolFun.com, I would deal with them again as well.

http://www.troublefreepool.com/one-man-one-pool-and-one-deck-agp-pics-t37172.html

We sell quite a few pools through our website and the Sharkline Matrix has been rated the highest by our customers, the Matrix is a little more expensive then some of the entry level pools but the large 8" toprail and all resin design is worth the additional $$ if it is in your budget. There is a lot of good information here on the Matrix Pool http://www.inyopools.com/above_ground_p ... kages.aspx

I went with uni-bead, which is actually 2 systems in one.
I chose the j-hook system as it seemed easier than trying to put in the bead system, with uni-bead you can take a knife and remove the j-hook part and opt for beaded.

I found the j-hook to be "relatively" easy, but the first time putting up a liner is tricky, I had to take it down and try a second time (which really wasn't a big deal), not being aware of how tight the liner should go up it took 2 tries.
THe matrix has a great system for the rails that can help hold the liner as you move along.

I personally didn't want an overlap liner, I didn't want the liner to be seen from the outside.

Cramar,
I was thinking unibead, but just wasn't sure. Thought you have one of two options, as you stated.
I wanted to go with a 25ga liner. Any 25 ga. that I was interested in were either beaded or uni.
Looks like Unibead it is, probably do the j-hook as you did.
Thanks for input

deweypip

Beaded liners are nice if you have deck or something that prevents easy removal of top rails, since you can install with out taking the rails off. The J-hook is basically a pre-trimmed overlap liner that is non-adjustable. Cramer's needing to do the liner twice probably might not have been necessary with an overlap type since it accommodates small misalignment's. Also, if you ever have a major leak/have to lower you water significantly then an overlap might, and I stress might be able to accommodate that where the other two types typically do not. I agree an overlap liner does not look as good, but if the liner stretches non-uniformly you can deal with it easier than the overlap/bead types. Also, if you are going with a dugout deepend (which I really like), your only choice will be a "expandable" overlap liner. One last thought, I have not done my liner this way, but you can fold the excess inside of the pool walls instead of the outside. I did not do this since I thought it was extra work, but I have seen it done, and it can entirely hide signs of the liner from the outside.

Pulled the trigger today on the Sharkline Matrix 24 x 54 from Poolsupplyworld. Hope I have as much luck with it as others here have with their Sharklines. Just ordered today, hope delivery goes off without a hitch.
Thanks for the input guys. Will have to keep you updated.

deweypip

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.