New pool is full!! Now what?

Ok so my test kit comment was a little off base. I still stand by my original statement, though. A pool store can be a huge help if you find the right one. Tell them how you want to take care of the pool, and if they won't accommodate you, go elsewhere. If they will work with you, check your results against them to make sure things are jiving.

A pool store discussion sounds fun. I could do that all day.

Haha.... Thanks Guys!!! I always love a good debate!!...
Anyway... Here is my readings and since I'm trying to clear my water up asap I followed their direction.... They tested my water and printed out a sheet from the computer that told them what to tell me to do.... So I'm hoping that took some of the "opinion" out of the pool lady....
TDS 500
cya 0
TC 0
FC 0
ph 8.3
TA 354
TH 45

First.... Add 1 gallon muratic acid per day for 10 days...
I added one Thursday afternoon and one today
Second... Stabilizer.... 10.5 lbs added slowly to pool... In the skimmer...
I did that ....
Third... Add 4 bags... (4lbs).. Of burnout 3.... (which I guess was a powder shock)... I mixed it well in a 5g bucket then poured it in....
4th... 44oz of algae inhibitor... Back up.... So I did that as well
5th.... Add chlorine tabs to my chlorinator....

The water was green when I started and this morning is still wasn't clear but didn't look green anymore... But cloudy...

Whatcha think??? Did they/I get it right?? Did I miss anything?? I can take some criticism.... :) ....

Even though you do have a John TA, That's a lot of acid. I might think about getting that rechecked before adding any more. Sounds like its got a good start though. Clean your filter daily and that will help clear it faster.

You should not backwash for at least a week after adding the stabilizer.

Work on the TA first to get it under control before you add a lot of other chemicals. You should probably retest before doing much else at this point. Are you running your filter 24 hours?

If you backwash too soon you will just flush the stabilizer out of the filter.

Why don't you get a new test today and post it here prior to doing much else.

The computer printouts are interesting. They always show a lot of treatments, but they don't really say much about how to administer the treatments. You don't really want to be throwing a lot of different chemicals into the pool at the same time. Example: Acid and chlorine in high levels together can turn your pool almost black.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I'm working on it!!! Lol... I was trying to wait until the cement is finished to post them but it may never happen!! I've been ready to pour cement for 2 weeks now but it keeps raining here!!! So, I have to keep waiting because a cement truck can't get in with the ground wet.... So hopefully I can get it done soon... I'll try to post the pics I have tonight....
But like I said... it's done... Just waiting for dry weather!!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.