Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Hayward Ecostar and Goldine Pro-Logic Wiring

1. Back To Top    #1

Hayward Ecostar and Goldine Pro-Logic Wiring

I have a Hayward Ecostar VS pump that is controlled with a Goldline Pro-Logic using the communication interface. I read in a post on this forum that the pump should be wired directly to the breaker and not wired to the Pro-Logic pump relay:

1. I'd like to know if wiring directly to the breaker instead of the Pro-Logic relay is correct;

2. If I bypass the Pro-Logic relay, then does the communication interface detect low/no flow to the pump and it would shutoff the pump?

Thanx

Rick
    SW FL, 19K IG with spillover & cage, Goldline Pro-Logic PS-8, Hayward Sense & Dispense, Hayward Swim Clear 4025, Hayward Ecostar VS pump, Stenner MA pump, Aquabot, Hayward Aquarite SWG, Palin Pooltest 9, Helicol Solar.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Hayward Ecostar and Goldine Pro-Logic Wiring

1. Page 9 in the manual: http://www.hayward-pool.com/pdf/manuals/Manual405.pdf

2. The pump controller (on the pump) handles that.
    Mark
    Hydraulics 101; Pump Ed 101; Pump/Pool Spreadsheets; Pump Run Time Study; DIY Acid Dosing; DIY Cover Roller
    18'x36' 20k plaster, MaxFlo SP2303VSP, Aqualogic PS8 SWCG, 420 sq-ft Cartridge, Solar, 6 jet spa, 1 HP jet pump, 400k BTU NG Heater

3. Back To Top    #3

1. Ok, I did read that but I didn't know if page 9 was for a stand alone application without using a Goldline Pro-Logic controller. Sometimes when they write the manuals they are just specific to that product and don't take into consideration other installation options;

2. Again, if the pump is being controlled by the Goldline Pro-Logic controller with the communication cable, does that supersede the controller on the pump. I know that the pump speeds on the pump are locked out when using the Goldline Pro-Logic controller with the communication cable.
    SW FL, 19K IG with spillover & cage, Goldline Pro-Logic PS-8, Hayward Sense & Dispense, Hayward Swim Clear 4025, Hayward Ecostar VS pump, Stenner MA pump, Aquabot, Hayward Aquarite SWG, Palin Pooltest 9, Helicol Solar.

4. Back To Top    #4

1. It is a direct connection as shown here: http://www.hayward-pool.com/pdf/manuals ... gement.pdf

2. The ProLogic interface cable connection only disables certain features but not the error detection in the pump controller and none of the safety features (SVRS). The connection allows you to program the pump from the ProLogic but it also reports the errors generated by the pump drive. So if there is any error in the pump, it should be displayed on the ProLogic display.
    Mark
    Hydraulics 101; Pump Ed 101; Pump/Pool Spreadsheets; Pump Run Time Study; DIY Acid Dosing; DIY Cover Roller
    18'x36' 20k plaster, MaxFlo SP2303VSP, Aqualogic PS8 SWCG, 420 sq-ft Cartridge, Solar, 6 jet spa, 1 HP jet pump, 400k BTU NG Heater