Aquabot Jr. Wall Scrubber Robotic Pool Cleaner

robotic cleaner options

thanks for the reply.
after doing a lot of research, i discovered that there is not a single model with great reviews. all of them have issues, from the motor's breaking/burning to having to ship them to a dealer to be serviced, to prorated warranties. So, to take the advice of someone on amazon, nomatter what you get you might be in trouble 1 year or so down the line, so get the cheapest that does the work you want and has the least moving parts.

FYI, i am not that hang up on the robot having the ability to brush the pool (i do that myself weekly and it is fun activity with the kids), or to climb walls (most of the residue is at the bottom of the pool anyway).

my top list in order of preference in now listed below:
----------------------------------------------------
Aquabot ABTTJET Turbo T Jet Robotic In-Ground Pool Cleaner $590 (has issues when the bag fills up that make it slow, but it has very few moving parts, relatively good reviews)
Aquabot Jr. Wall Scrubber Robotic Pool Cleaner $500 (so-so reviews online, but it also brushes the pool not just cleans)
Aqua Products APRVJR Aquabot Pool Rover Jr. Robotic Above-Ground Pool Cleaner $280 (2 microns filtration, not that many moving parts to break, good reviews on amazon, seems to also work for in-ground pools)
smartpool robotic cleaners, either smartkleen or nitro (lots of good reviews in here, but almost all are by the same person. online, i saw mixed reviews, cheap compared to others)
dolphin deluxe 3 $600 (2 yr non-prorated warranty by leslies, some repair only done in israel?) or Dolphin Orion $540
Blue Diamond (so-so reviews online, in this forum folks seem to like that, expensive)

just as an FYI, i went ahead and bought a refurbished aquabot from ebay for $450 from an authorized aquabot dealer with a full 3yr warranty.
I also found out that Warehouse Pool Supply has these for $500 a piece on discount. Since i didn't want to pay the taxes, i saved $100 by getting the refurbished model.

michmike said:
just as an FYI, i went ahead and bought a refurbished aquabot from ebay for $450 from an authorized aquabot dealer with a full 3yr warranty.
I also found out that Warehouse Pool Supply has these for $500 a piece on discount. Since i didn't want to pay the taxes, i saved $100 by getting the refurbished model.

450 and 3 year warranty I can't blame you. warranty is very imporant on these things.

people like the blue diamond because they are around 900 and have 4 year warranty.

I am very happy with the T-jet so far. i keep it stored in my garage, and once a week i let it run for about 2 hours. 1 hour with the leaf bag, and 1 hour with the 3 micron bag to catch all debris and it does a great job. then i wash it with clean water and store it.

the bags are easier to clean when dry -- that's a cool tip for you.
Also FYI, when the bags start filling up, the T-jet slows down because of its water propulsion design. If your pool is relatively clean, it will run for a while. when you have algae though, you might ahve to stop it 2-3 times inbetween to clean the bag

I was also going back and forth between the Aqua bot junior and the T- jet. I was leaning more toward the t jet because of the better reviews and less moving parts. I also wondered why the junior wasnt on aquabots website?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.