Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Aquabot Jr. Wall Scrubber Robotic Pool Cleaner

1. Back To Top    #1

Aquabot Jr. Wall Scrubber Robotic Pool Cleaner

hi all,

does anyone have any experience with the Aquabot Jr. Wall Scrubber Robotic Pool Cleaner ? I found this on amazon for $500 and it seems like a good deal but i could not find any reviews from experts on it.

http://www.amazon.com/Aquabot-Wall-Scru ... d_add_1_dp
    14500 gallon plaster pool (replastered in May 2009) : 32ft.L x 4ft.D x 14ft.W
    Pentair FNS Plus 48 sqft DE filter --> New filter grids as of May 2011. I use DE for them.
    Polaris 280 & Aquabot T-Jet Turbo at 2hrs/week. 20ft by 4ft solar heating panels
    Circupool RJ30 SWG set at 80% output & Pentair SuperFlo 1hp 2speed running 8 hrs/day

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Aquabot Jr. Wall Scrubber Robotic Pool Cleaner

Right now i am using a polaris and i am tired of it just picking up leaves and mixing everything else around . it might be time for a robot to do some real work
    Pentair FNS Plus 48 sqft DE filter --> New filter grids as of May 2011. I use DE for them.
    Polaris 280 & Aquabot T-Jet Turbo at 2hrs/week. 20ft by 4ft solar heating panels
    Circupool RJ30 SWG set at 80% output & Pentair SuperFlo 1hp 2speed running 8 hrs/day

3. Back To Top    #3

Never had the JR.

Had 4 of the regular ones including 3 turbo's and have been the best time saver ever. Except for the weekly pool service in FL.....
    Julie
    I have a small (3,750 gallon) in-ground, Viking pool - 2hp Jandy pump, AquaPure 700 Cholorinator, Jandy Aqualink, and Jandy CJ250 filter

4. Back To Top    #4

robotic cleaner options

thanks for the reply.
    after doing a lot of research, i discovered that there is not a single model with great reviews. all of them have issues, from the motor's breaking/burning to having to ship them to a dealer to be serviced, to prorated warranties. So, to take the advice of someone on amazon, nomatter what you get you might be in trouble 1 year or so down the line, so get the cheapest that does the work you want and has the least moving parts.

FYI, i am not that hang up on the robot having the ability to brush the pool (i do that myself weekly and it is fun activity with the kids), or to climb walls (most of the residue is at the bottom of the pool anyway).

my top list in order of preference in now listed below:
    ----------------------------------------------------
    Aquabot ABTTJET Turbo T Jet Robotic In-Ground Pool Cleaner $590 (has issues when the bag fills up that make it slow, but it has very few moving parts, relatively good reviews)
    Aquabot Jr. Wall Scrubber Robotic Pool Cleaner $500 (so-so reviews online, but it also brushes the pool not just cleans)
    Aqua Products APRVJR Aquabot Pool Rover Jr. Robotic Above-Ground Pool Cleaner $280 (2 microns filtration, not that many moving parts to break, good reviews on amazon, seems to also work for in-ground pools)
    smartpool robotic cleaners, either smartkleen or nitro (lots of good reviews in here, but almost all are by the same person. online, i saw mixed reviews, cheap compared to others)
    dolphin deluxe 3 $600 (2 yr non-prorated warranty by leslies, some repair only done in israel?) or Dolphin Orion $540
    Blue Diamond (so-so reviews online, in this forum folks seem to like that, expensive)

5. Back To Top    #5

just as an FYI, i went ahead and bought a refurbished aquabot from ebay for $450 from an authorized aquabot dealer with a full 3yr warranty.
    I also found out that Warehouse Pool Supply has these for $500 a piece on discount. Since i didn't want to pay the taxes, i saved $100 by getting the refurbished model.

6. Back To Top    #6

Are you happy with the Aquabot? Which model did you go with? I am thinking about replacing my Kreepy Krawler.
    18k, 2001 Ft. Wayne 18'x36' oval sport pool with polymer walls, IG, vinyl, 3.5' at ends and 5' in center, Pentair 1 1/2 hp 2-speed pump (new in 2014), Hayward S-200 Sand Filter, new Raypak RP2100 propane heater (installed 4/2013), 3 jets, 1 floor drain, 1 Polaris jet (never used), 2 skimmers, new Garrett liner (installed 4/2012)

7. Back To Top    #7

Quote Originally Posted by michmike
    just as an FYI, i went ahead and bought a refurbished aquabot from ebay for $450 from an authorized aquabot dealer with a full 3yr warranty.
    I also found out that Warehouse Pool Supply has these for $500 a piece on discount. Since i didn't want to pay the taxes, i saved $100 by getting the refurbished model.

450 and 3 year warranty I can't blame you. warranty is very imporant on these things.

people like the blue diamond because they are around 900 and have 4 year warranty.
    8000 gal diamond brite pool with 650 gal spillover spa, Pentair 3hp VS pump. Jandy Cartridge filter and Jandy Heat Pump. Jandy PDA automation system with 2 Pentair Laminars. SmartPool NC74S Robotic Pool Cleaner.

8. Back To Top    #8

Just bought a aquabot Jr. from pool supply world very happy with it. doesn't have timer but it does a great job easy to clean no cartridges like the tiger shark which can be expensive.
    18 by 36 mountain lake, swg aqua plus, cartgidge filter, two speed tristar 1hp, 1hp super pump for deck jet n waterfall, espio alarm, aquabot jr, Definitive Tech Aw6500 speakers, Onkyo receiver

9. Back To Top    #9

I am very happy with the T-jet so far. i keep it stored in my garage, and once a week i let it run for about 2 hours. 1 hour with the leaf bag, and 1 hour with the 3 micron bag to catch all debris and it does a great job. then i wash it with clean water and store it.

the bags are easier to clean when dry -- that's a cool tip for you.
    Also FYI, when the bags start filling up, the T-jet slows down because of its water propulsion design. If your pool is relatively clean, it will run for a while. when you have algae though, you might ahve to stop it 2-3 times inbetween to clean the bag

10. Back To Top    #10

I was also going back and forth between the Aqua bot junior and the T- jet. I was leaning more toward the t jet because of the better reviews and less moving parts. I also wondered why the junior wasnt on aquabots website?
    16 x 32 Inground Vinyl 21000, 2 returns, 1 skimmer, 1 main drain. Raypak Heater, Crystal Flo Sand Filter