akaCarioca's outdoor kitchen - looking for input

Nov 22, 2011
Tampa Bay FL
Nice job!

I am looking to build a small (8 ft wide) cooking area and have never heard of "welded aluminum frame" outdoor kitchens.
One builder offers this:

- Welded Aluminum Frame, Dryvit "TerraNeo" on Cabinets
- 3cm granite countertop
- Fire Magic refrigerator model #3590A
- AOG Built in 30x18 grill model 30PB-00SP, with optional infrared burner
- AOG storage door model 17-24-SD(under grill)
- Fire Magic Legacy enting Panel model 5510-01
- 15 x 15 under mount bar sink and faucet

Any advice regarding traditional concrete vs welded aluminum frame? I have the concrete being poured on my pool tomorrow and need to make a decision on the kitchen this week.

Here is the draft:

14tbgwx.jpg

Nothing at all wrong with welded aluminum. I have seen outdoor kitchen made with block, wood, metal studs and aluminum and they will all work if constructed properly. As a DIY'r I was more comfortable working with the metal studs, but that just a preference.

Riles

Do you have an idea of the cost to built your outdoor kitchen including the appliances? The reason I asked is because you might want to look at a pre built one. I have one and love it. Look at this link http://www.paradise2u.com/about.html
These outdoor kitchens are made with Welded Steel frame. We have one and we love it :cheers: :cheers:

The Firemagic Frig is fairly expensive. From what I have read, it is just a Danby with the Firemagic logo.

I'm still undecided on my frig and all the rest of my stuff is Firemagic. I'm not going to pay an extra $300, just so the Frig says "Firemagic" :)

Nothing wrong with building the kitchen out of metal framing and board. Ours is built from aluminum studs and durock cement board (same stuff you'd use under a bathroom tile floor, for example.). After it was all framed out, they just applied a cultured stone veneer to it. Looks great and much lighter weight than a traditional stone build. That was a big deal, since we did this right on our deck. Here is ours - you'd never know it was metal studs and cement board!

i-fZVWzpG-X4.jpg

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.