Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: akaCarioca's outdoor kitchen - looking for input

1. Back To Top    #1

Tampa Bay FL

akaCarioca's outdoor kitchen - looking for input

Nice job!

I am looking to build a small (8 ft wide) cooking area and have never heard of "welded aluminum frame" outdoor kitchens.
    One builder offers this:

- Welded Aluminum Frame, Dryvit "TerraNeo" on Cabinets
    - 3cm granite countertop
    - Fire Magic refrigerator model #3590A
    - AOG Built in 30x18 grill model 30PB-00SP, with optional infrared burner
    - AOG storage door model 17-24-SD(under grill)
    - Fire Magic Legacy enting Panel model 5510-01
    - 15 x 15 under mount bar sink and faucet

Any advice regarding traditional concrete vs welded aluminum frame? I have the concrete being poured on my pool tomorrow and need to make a decision on the kitchen this week.

Here is the draft:

15x34 in ground, 16.5K gallons, Emerald Isle pebble finishing
    Pentair IntelliFlow VS-3050 pump
    Pentair Quad D.E. filter
    Pentair IntelliChlor
    Pentair IntelliBrite 5g LED light
    Pentair Great White Vacuum cleaner

2. Back To Top    #2
    Nashville, TN

Re: akaCarioca's outdoor kitchen - looking for input

Nothing at all wrong with welded aluminum. I have seen outdoor kitchen made with block, wood, metal studs and aluminum and they will all work if constructed properly. As a DIY'r I was more comfortable working with the metal studs, but that just a preference.

16x32 IG vinyl, 19,000 gal, 1.0 hp pump, sand filter, 2 returns, 1 skimmer, diving board, slide

3. Back To Top    #3
    Jacksonville, FL

Do you have an idea of the cost to built your outdoor kitchen including the appliances? The reason I asked is because you might want to look at a pre built one. I have one and love it. Look at this link
    These outdoor kitchens are made with Welded Steel frame. We have one and we love it
    5,775 gal, IG free form, Beach Series Antigua by Marbletite Pebble finish, 2 swim out benches, Sheer Descent, IG Fountain, Dolphin / Mermaid Statues, StaRite Dura- Glas 1.5hp pump, Hayward Pro Series Sand Filter replaced with Hayward Pro-grid DE4820, Aqua Rite SWG with T-Cell 15, Polaris 360, Pentair 300w Light upgraded to Pentair IntelliBrite (OMG what a huge difference) , Heat Siphon Heat Pump DX 5.0 109,000 btu, Pool Cage, 1800sq ft Tremron Estate Pavers, solar cover, TF-100 test kit, Pentair Deck Jet, Apollo Magnetic Stirrer (Makes testing a breeze), Aquatherm Ecosun Solar Panels 192 sq ft with GL-235 Controller,Margarita Concoction Machine,
    Pics of our Spool ( Social Pool) being built Solar install Outdoor kitchen upgrade

4. Back To Top    #4

Riverside, CA

The Firemagic Frig is fairly expensive. From what I have read, it is just a Danby with the Firemagic logo.

I'm still undecided on my frig and all the rest of my stuff is Firemagic. I'm not going to pay an extra $300, just so the Frig says "Firemagic"
    40x20 Free Form IG Pool (aprox 29,000 Gal, 140 Perimeter, depth 3'6"-7', Baja Shelf, 8x8 Free Form Spa) - Gunite Shell, Pebble Plaster Finish, Poured Concrete Coping - 3 Deep Heat Returns - Jandy LXi400 Gas Heater (400,000 Btu) - Jandy Variable Speed Pump JEP 2.0 - Jandy CL 600 Filter - HASA Liquidator - Jandy PDA 6 w/ Remote - 4x Jandy WaterColors Pool LEDs - 48" Gas Fire Pit - 6x Gas Tiki Torches - 12'x15' U-shaped BBQ Island (Firemagic Equipment)