Some questions from a new inground pool owner

Jan 9, 2012
Argentina
Hi All

We recently had an inground pool completed and although the builders gave us a demo it was a little short and we still have questions that theyre not answering that well. Being our first pool its getting use to how it all works is a problem.

Firstly, the return outlets seem to make alot of noise a kind of crackling/popping sound, i`ve traced it to the sound coming out of a hole above each outlet just below the pool surround tiles. If you put a finger over the hole its much quieter. I`ve noticed some water coming out occasionally from these holes. The builders said the noise is because they are new and it will go after a while but its been on two weeks and still noisy.

Secondly, we have a sand filter system. When leaving set to filter is it best to leave the skimmer and/or the main drain filter at the bottom of the pool going. Reason is that the pool is still pretty murky, i`ve cleaned it quite a few times but sedement keeps collecting at the bottom of the pool. I leave the filter running for about 5-6 hours and then have to clean the bottom which just sturs up alot of the muck.

Finally, We came back after a few days of storms to discover flying ants all over the surface of the pool and a kind of brown scum. it was discusting , anyway its left a brown tide mark around the edge of the pool. Any tips for cleaning this off, i`m thinking of using an old toothbrush to get rid of it. Its a painted concrete pool so dont want to damage it.

Thanks alot

Paul

Sounds like there's an air injection port above the waterline for each return jet. Do the jets expel air when they're running? If so then plugging the hole will stop it and the noise.

With any type of filter it's best to adjust the suction between the skimmer(s) and the main drain to allow for efficient skimmer action. However if you're trying to clean stuff off the bottom you can set it for full MD flow while you're doing that.

I use Magic Eraser to clean most pool items.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.