Become a TFP Supporter Welcome to our new server and new forum software. Pool School

Thread: Water above the skimmer with pump on...problem?

Water above the skimmer with pump on...problem?

Hello, I'm still in my first year of inground pool-ownership & have a newbie question....
    It's raining a lot down here in NW Georgia. Is it okay if the pump comes on (we have a timer) if the water gets above the skimmer? Or should I leave work to go home and drain the pool some? Thanks so much!!
    First-time in-ground pool owner in NW Georgia: 18 x 37 IG Grecian vinyl pool installed April 2011: 24k (?) gallons, Hayward SWG auto-cleaner with booster pump, Hayward Aquarite T-15 Salt System with timer freeze controls, 1.5 HP Tri-Star pump, 48 sq. ft. D.E. filter.

Re: Water above the skimmer with pump on...problem?

It'll be fine. The skimmer won't work very well but it's not going to hurt anything. You can drain it this evening if it doesn't have an overflow.

Now stop worrying about the pool and get back to work!! JK!
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 1.5hp Dynamo pump. 24" Pentair Sand Dollar Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit
    You can stop SLAMing your pool when you pass the OCLT (You lose 1ppm or less FC overnight, & You have .5ppm CC's or less) & your water is clear.

Re: Water above the skimmer with pump on...problem?

Thank you Bama. I soooo appreciate this forum and the help I've received!!
    First-time in-ground pool owner in NW Georgia: 18 x 37 IG Grecian vinyl pool installed April 2011: 24k (?) gallons, Hayward SWG auto-cleaner with booster pump, Hayward Aquarite T-15 Salt System with timer freeze controls, 1.5 HP Tri-Star pump, 48 sq. ft. D.E. filter.