pool pump sound

It is possible to replace just the bearings if you have the correct tools and skills. However, you can also bring the motor to a repair shop and they could that as well. But it could also be a good opportunity to replace a single speed motor with a two speed if you don't already have one.

Well i have a home warranty that covers my pool pumps..ideally I would get them to give me a new pump. Is this something that could warrant that or is this a standard repair that could do onsite?

also at the end of my video you can see where my pipe above ground ends with a cap on it...there is a spring and some sort of seal in there that keeps the water in my spa from dropping down. I replaced this a few years ago but can not remember the name of the parts....same thing seems to be happening again, anyone know what I am talking about?

4x4tx said:
Well i have a home warranty that covers my pool pumps..ideally I would get them to give me a new pump. Is this something that could warrant that or is this a standard repair that could do onsite?

Usually if it is covered under your home warranty, the people that come out will make that decision to replace or repair. You can try to request a new one, but if the old one can be fixed for less than replacing, to my knowledge it will be repaired and not replaced with a new one.

I could be wrong so if anyone has experience with this let me know. Depending on how much your trade call fee is, you may want to see how much it is to fix yourself and could be less.

Just a few things to think about.

4x4tx said:
also at the end of my video you can see where my pipe above ground ends with a cap on it...there is a spring and some sort of seal in there that keeps the water in my spa from dropping down. I replaced this a few years ago but can not remember the name of the parts....same thing seems to be happening again, anyone know what I am talking about?
It is called a check valve. If you need to replace it, I would recommend using a Jandy or Pentair check valve (flapper type with a window) as these have much less head loss than the kind you get at the hardware store. Plus they can be repaired without taking apart the plumbing.

Is this worth spending 60 bucks on to have them repair and or replace? What kind of $$$ are the parts and time to repair on my own?

also found my old post about that check valve, the kind I have is called an ortega? is that the same type of valve ?

The advantage of a repairable valve is that you don't have to cut into your plumbing to repair. But if the valve you have is this one: Ortega Check Valve
This too is repairable so you might want to keep it.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
thats exactly what i have, i did replace the seat and insides 2 years ago or so.....cant believe its going out again already

as for the pump, just talked with my home warranty company, they are telling me that as long as the pump is still pumping they dont cover anything...even though the thing is so loud...surely its just a matter of time before it goes out

Looks like I'm getting a new pump from the warranty co....still working on the heater

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.