Neglectful Pool Owner

I did put MA in and will test again tomorrow to see if I'm in the right range. I found some "Conditioner" that "protects chlorine from sunlight" so I'm guessing this will help with the CYA. We had this left over from a trip last year to Leslies where they sold us everything under the sun. Now I know the purpose of it. I like the idea of getting stabalizer at Walmart, will check into that.

Yes, we do have a spill over, I will attach a photo from a few years back. I will try to take photos of the pitting, scaling and white stuff that has accumulated where the water falls over the tile. We never use the spa anymore because the heater broke :cry:

I think our biggest issue is going to be CH. I will do some research and see if I can figure out ways to deal with that.

When we had the pool first put in by the contractor, it was carefree for what seemed like years. We just measured acid and chlorine and added salt and acid when needed. We were not diligent, we only measured once a week, if that. After 3 or so years is when it got more and more difficult to keep the pool balanced so finally I'm trying to take charge and do what it takes to keep it functioning corretly.

Attachments

• pool.jpg
    pool.jpg
    131.2 KB · Views: 15
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.