Low salt light on IC60

tcm

LifeTime Supporter
Apr 12, 2011
Brookeland, Texas
I have an IC60 that was new last May. Worked great all season, but now it is reading that salt levels are 1900, tested with Taylor test kit shows salt levels @ 3200ppm. My water temp is 62deg F. Could this be causing the incorrect reading ? I inspected the cell and there is no signs of scaling on the blades. Is there a way to calibrate the salt readings? I have an easytouch 8.

I had tried a process on a previous post here but it does not work on mine I guess because it is a newer model. I know I can call Pentair and go thru that whole process but was hoping there was something I could do myself to recalibrate it. Thanks for any help.

Everything that I read on Pentair's site said unit should work to 52 degrees.

I suggest running your spa and bring up the water temp and see if the unit works then. If not, you have a problem with the unit and I would have Pentair take care of it while it is still under warranty.

Like bk406 suggested, use bleach in the meantime if you can't get it to work.

ping said:
Everything that I read on Pentair's site said unit should work to 52 degrees.

It might say that, and it will make chlorine at 52 degrees, but you would have to double the salt to make the unit think there is 2500 ppm salt at that temp. That needs to be changed in the manual. There's nothing wrong with your IC-60 except cold water.

Thanks, I ran the heater on the spa, brought the temp up to 80 deg, turned the cell off then back on. It now reads 3900ppm salt and is working correctly. Even now that is back on the pool at 64 deg it is still working.

tcm said:
Even now that is back on the pool at 64 deg it is still working.

It will work until the cell measures the water conductivity again, then it will read low. Until the water gets to about 70 degrees and stays there, it wont work with any consistancy because the salt reading wont be right. (It actually measures conductivity of the water, not salt. And that measurement is temperature dependent).

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.