How thick should cement for diving board?

Are you dead set on having a diving board? How deep is the hopper going to be? Whats the slope into the hopper?

Diving boards can be a nasty, dangerous thing. I personally wouldnt have the liability. It's up to you, of course, but sometimes the insurance rate goes up considerable if you have one.

bk406 said:
WhoDat? said:
Oh and insurance won't change whether I have a board or not... Or if I have a pool or not... Lol
Never heard of that. Insurance usually goes up some.

You also sholud think about getting an umbrella liability policy too if you dont already have one. I got $2 million on my umbrella policy.

I did research the insurance difference of putting in a pool with or without a diving board and our policy would not have gone up either way. They recommended that we add $50k to outside structures and bump up our policy to 1 million coverage. With these 2 additions our policy went up $75. I was surprised to find out we could have left our policy alone and it would not have changed any.

We decided not to install a board as we do have a 18' raised spa and a 12" raised wall for the kids to jump off of. We did have a 9" thick section of deck poured for a future board if we ever decide to put one in.

Ok thanks!! I'll look into adding sons to my policy... And I'll look into the umbrella.... Thanks for the suggestions.... But I did call them about it... And they said it wouldn't go up.... But if you have a trampoline without a net enclosure it goes up... Go figure... Lol..

As far as the cement.... I'm only doing 30 inches around because it's so hot here in Louisiana.... I went to pool parties at 2 different friends houses.... One had a 30 inch decking and the others went cement crazy! It was a world of difference... So much cooler with the smaller decking.... More greenery seems to make things cooler all around.... Both had "cool deck"... But it was still cooler with less cement... That's my theory anyway!!

Thanks for the input on the thickness... Seems 9" will work!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.