Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Question re: use of Sparkle Conquest...

1. Back To Top    #1

Question re: use of Sparkle Conquest...

Last year, in order to eliminate some discoloration on the walls of my pool, somebody recommended Sparkle Conquest. I used it, and quite frankly the results were spectacular.

More than a year later, I have the same discoloration in my walls. However, I have only recently learned what I was doing re: pool chemistry, and my water is now perfect (thanks to Pool School and the great mentors on this web site).

I don't want to potentially ruin the progress I have made by re-introducing this product back into my pool, but I don't know enough to say whether it does any harm. I only know that it exceeded my expectations the last time I used it, for the problem I was having.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    Mike

9500 gallon plaster/gunite pool w/waterfall, 1/2 HP 1sp pump, 120 sq-ft Cartridge Filter, 336 sq-ft EPDM Solar Panels, CPSC16 SWG, Boratized

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Question re: use of Sparkle Conquest...

It's a phosphonic acid derivitive which is the preferred sequestrant here. I don't think it'd hurt anything in your pool. Have you ever had metals in your water?
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

Thanks Dave. I do not know if there were any metals in the water. I don't believe I've ever tested for them. Nonetheless, Conquest really worked last time. My walls, and only my walls, look like they are rust stained.
    Mike

9500 gallon plaster/gunite pool w/waterfall, 1/2 HP 1sp pump, 120 sq-ft Cartridge Filter, 336 sq-ft EPDM Solar Panels, CPSC16 SWG, Boratized

4. Back To Top    #4

Most likely metals and if that's the case that's why the sequestrant makes such a dramatic difference.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit