New Build - North Texas (Collin County)

Dec 9, 2011
[attachment=0:14w8hvp8]Pool Plan.pdf[/attachment:14w8hvp8][attachment=0:14w8hvp8]Pool Plan.pdf[/attachment:14w8hvp8]Excavation Starts Wednesday 1/18/12, Pics to Follow Soon

Pool Specs

15,173 gal pool 17X32' Geometric with a 6X6 tanning shelf.
18'' Raised Oklahoma Flagstone Wall w/3 Stone Scuppers
Oklahoma Flagstone Coping
Pebble Plaster - Color TBD
2 Jandy LED Pool Lights
Jandy 60 SqFt DE Filter
Jandy 2HP Stealth Circulation Pump
Jandy 1HP Stealth Booster Pump
A&A In-Floor Cleaning System
5 Returns
2 skimmers
Letro Autofill
Rainbow 320 Chlorinator
Del Ozone Eclipse 2-Corona Discharge
600 SqFt Colored Release Textured Deck
3 - 18''X3' Oklahoma Flagstone Skirts around Existing Patio Cedar Columns

Attachments

• Pool Plan.pdf
    143.7 KB · Views: 230
Welcome to TFP!

No need for the ozone since this is an outside pool .. Same with the rainbow chlorinater unless you're just planning to use it until your CYA is up to goals. Sounds like a great pool - good luck and post any questions here; there are some great folks to help you out.

Welcome to TFP!

I agree with carlscan26 on the ozone. No need for it as the sun does all of that for free for you. Ozone is really only a benefit with indoor pools. As for the Rainbow 320, it is always good to have a way to work with trichlor tablets in the event that you need to leave town or use tablets. You can use a in-line chlorinator for this or you can use a floater. Dealer's choice really.

Your list looks good but I didn't see a pool cleaner. Are you planning to rely on the in-floor cleaning system only? Someone here please correct me if I'm wrong but the in-floor system does nothing for pool walls and does very little for the pool floor outside of a 2-3ft radius from the floor cleaning jets.

Most of the builders in my area included something like a Polaris 280 or equivalent in their quote.

aeromorris05 said:
Your list looks good but I didn't see a pool cleaner. Are you planning to rely on the in-floor cleaning system only? Someone here please correct me if I'm wrong but the in-floor system does nothing for pool walls and does very little for the pool floor outside of a 2-3ft radius from the floor cleaning jets.

Most of the builders in my area included something like a Polaris 280 or equivalent in their quote.

Unless you are under screen........lanai............you will need a cleaner.........skimmer type or robotic.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Very fast.
Day 1 Excavation
Day 2 Plumbing & flowable fill base and slurry on walls
Day 3 Rebar

They have direct access to the street so I think that speeds it up when they can back equipment directly to the construction area.

Tile was installed yesterday, Verona Tavora Tan.
Going to go look at pools today. Trying to decide on a pebble plaster color, looking at Midnight Blue and Black.

Attachments

• 5 SW 1.JPG
    5 SW 1.JPG
    100.4 KB · Views: 650
  • 5 D 1.JPG
    5 D 1.JPG
    106.8 KB · Views: 646
We had quotes from:
Hobert (Frisco, their first price was so out of the ball park I didn't mess with negotiating)
Robertson (Frisco, we liked them and they had a good price. Negative reviews ruled them out for me.)
Southernwind (McKinney, they looked like a quality pool builder but didn't care for the owner or the multitude of mailers I am now receiving.)
Claffey (Southlake, was our first choice but couldn't justify their premium. Sales process with them was by far the best and their pools looked higher quality and truly custom.)

We went with:
Riverbend Sandler (Plano, competitive on price and felt we would get a quality pool.) Have been pleased with them so far. Construction has been very fast and the few minor issues we have had were resolved very quickly.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.