Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: New to Pools/New Pool

1. Back To Top    #1

New to Pools/New Pool

Our pool was just finished by our pool builder, and it was filled on January 8th.

Our PB told us we probably won't have to add any chlorine to the water for a while, as he put a floater in to handle chlorine delivery until the weather warms up enough for the SWG to kick in.

Here are our levels, as per the TF100 kit (note: if anything looks "wonky", I would chalk it up to this being my first use of the test kit, and the first time testing a pool!):

pH = 7.5
    FC = 8.5
    TA = 170
    CH = 310

(Sorry....CYA didn't get tested, as I didn't think frostbite on my arm was worth the test results...LOL).

PB hasn't added salt yet...he said salt won't go in for another month or so. I know he's added acid 3 times, and bicarb at least twice since the water went in...maybe more often when I wasn't here.
    16 x 31, Approx. 12,000 Gal Freeform IG pool; Flagstone coping; Quartzscapes Super Blue plaster finish; Tanning ledge w/2 bubblers; 1 HP Pentair Whisperflo pump, Pentair sand filter; (2) Pentair Intellibrite LEDs w/controller; Easytouch8 w/IC-40 SWG; Salt finish concrete decking.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: New to Pools/New Pool

It would be interesting to know (if you are willling to post) what your tap water readings are, and compare with the pool water now.

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: New to Pools/New Pool

I should be able to test the tap water in the next day or two, and will post the readings.
    16 x 31, Approx. 12,000 Gal Freeform IG pool; Flagstone coping; Quartzscapes Super Blue plaster finish; Tanning ledge w/2 bubblers; 1 HP Pentair Whisperflo pump, Pentair sand filter; (2) Pentair Intellibrite LEDs w/controller; Easytouch8 w/IC-40 SWG; Salt finish concrete decking.