Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Is this bleach ok

1. Back To Top    #1

Is this bleach ok

Hi I bought some cheap thin bleach from my local supermarket. I live in the uk so it's tesco's value own brand. It's the only one I could see that looked like normal bleach all the others were thickened and scented.
    It says on the bottle Contains less than 5% chlorine based bleaching agent and disinfectant (sodium hypochlorite).
    Is this the right stuff to use Im not sure as it says less than 5% so how much less could this be!

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry
    Sebring, Florida

Re: Is this bleach ok

Hi, Dan,

Well, less is never good. Short of getting accurate advice from the manufacturer, you could probably calculate a dosage into your pool assuming "X" percentage and then test the result to see if you are close.

Avoid the other stuff with the scent and other additives but it would sure be helpful to know if you are getting your money's worth based on a certain percentage.
    Dave S. - Forum owner
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3
    San Dimas, CA (LA County)

Re: Is this bleach ok

Same problem, but with a solution: Check out the reply from gbobbage at March 5th, 2011, 12:58 pm
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!