Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Hot tub constanly turning on and off.

1. Back To Top    #1

Hot tub constanly turning on and off.

Hey guys I have a question. I am new to hot tubs so excuse my lack of knowledge. I inherited a Jaccuzzi Essence 345 used tub which was exclusively used indoors. The tub is in great shape and I am not having to many issues with the water however I noticed that throughout the day and night the tub turns on for roughly 45 -60 seconds then turns off and this seems to happen every few minutes. I did notice that the tub is going through the 2 hour filter cycle in the morning however I cant confirm if it going through the 2 hour filter cycle 12 hours later as stating in the manual. Any ideas as to why this is happening?

Manny
    30,000 K Pebble Sheen
    Sta-Rite Vertical Grid DE Filter
    2 HP AO Smith Filter pump
    2 HP AO Smith Waterfall pump

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Hot tub constanly turning on and off.

It's likely checking it's water temp.

Scott
    Owner of - PoolGuyNJ LLC
    Expert Pool and Spa Repairs, Renovations, and Augmentation. Helping people decide what is the right gear for meeting their needs. Expectations Set, Expectations Met, No Surprises.

3. Back To Top    #3

Scott,

Thanks for the response, I hear what you are saying and that was my initial thought however I find it odd that it is turning on ever 3-4 minutes. How often does a tub normally check the water temp?

Manny
    30,000 K Pebble Sheen
    Sta-Rite Vertical Grid DE Filter
    2 HP AO Smith Filter pump
    2 HP AO Smith Waterfall pump

4. Back To Top    #4

There is no "Normal". That is usually up to the s/w designer and product manager.

Scott
    Owner of - PoolGuyNJ LLC
    Expert Pool and Spa Repairs, Renovations, and Augmentation. Helping people decide what is the right gear for meeting their needs. Expectations Set, Expectations Met, No Surprises.

5. Back To Top    #5

In the Industry

By turn on you mean the pumps start up? There could be a loose connection on the board, had one that the transformer connection was loose on the board and caused the pumps to start at random intervals.
    Over 30 years in the pool business
    We build vinyl, fiberglass, stainless steel pools
    Certified in Hydraulics

6. Back To Top    #6

Quote Originally Posted by Manny110
    however I noticed that throughout the day and night the tub turns on for roughly 45 -60 seconds then turns off and this seems to happen every few minutes.
    I'd check the manual to see if there are other modes. On mine, I can set Economy mode so it hardly ever checks. The temp will drop until the next filter cycle then it's raised. I can raise it manually by hitting the jets on. It heats pretty fast.
    20k gallon in-ground vinyl pool
    Your friendly swimming pools expert!