Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Recommend a slide for our pool, please

1. Back To Top    #1

Recommend a slide for our pool, please

We are building a pool this spring. We can't afford a slide this year, but plan to put one in next year. The builder says that we have to know exactly what slide we want to put in so that they can prep for it with the pool build. I've been looking at the Interfab slides, are there other brands that I should be looking at? If you have a specific brand & model to suggest I would appreciate that too. It's hard to narrow down the choices without actually trying any of them. The slide is for our two boys, who next year will be 6 & 8. (I'm sure that some adults will be using the slide too) Thanks for any suggestions.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Recommend a slide for our pool, please

You don't really have to know which slide you're going to use when you build. It's nice to know but not absolutely necessary. Just have them pour the deck on the end that will have a slide 6" thick. You can set chemical anchors later to fasten the base down. The only thing that will be an issue will be the water supply and that can be done later without a lot of trouble.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

In the Industry

Some slides will require more concrete to be poured from the edge of the pool to allow for it to be positioned correctly. That is probably the largest concern of the builder so liability isn't an issue later on.
    Over 30 years in the pool business
    We build vinyl, fiberglass, stainless steel pools
    Certified in Hydraulics

4. Back To Top    #4

In the Industry

The Inter-fab G-Force and the S.R. Smith Turbo Twister were the most popular last summer with our customers by a long shot. Both brands are well-liked, so it's more a matter of finding what style you're interested in (spiral, turn direction, color, etc.).

Those two are both great kids' slides, but their weight limit is high enough that I'd totally go down either (250 and 275 lbs. respectively). We just installed one of the G-Force slides on the demo pool in our retail store, and it took all of my grown-up-sense to keep from going down that thing in the middle of the store.
    Roy Steves - CMO, PoolSupplyWorld.com

5. Back To Top    #5

Quote Originally Posted by roysteves
    The Inter-fab G-Force and the S.R. Smith Turbo Twister were the most popular last summer with our customers by a long shot. Both brands are well-liked, so it's more a matter of finding what style you're interested in (spiral, turn direction, color, etc.).

Those two are both great kids' slides, but their weight limit is high enough that I'd totally go down either (250 and 275 lbs. respectively). We just installed one of the G-Force slides on the demo pool in our retail store, and it took all of my grown-up-sense to keep from going down that thing in the middle of the store.
    Thank you for the suggestions. I will look into it!

6. Back To Top    #6

We had the Turbo Twister installed with our pool and the kids love it!! Not to mention the occasional slide down by us parents
    23x34' IG freeform play pool (18,850 gallon) ~ 7' spa raised 18" with 6 jets and 5 tier waterfall ~ IntelliChlor SCG ~ Pentair Intelligent VS-3050 variable speed pump ~ Clean and Clear 420 cartridge filter ~ Easy touch controller ~ Blue Granite Pebble Sheen ~ Intellibrite LEDs ~ Turbo twister slide ~ 8x8 flagstone tanning ledge with umbrella sleeve and bubbler ~ In-pool flagstone table with umbrella sleeve ~ 947 sq ft exposed aggregate decking

7. Back To Top    #7

Quote Originally Posted by roysteves

I know this is an old post, but my PB told me the G-Force (now 2 I guess) is really a slow slide and I should consider something else? Any input on that ?
    14,750 GAL IG Fiberglass (16 x 33) NE Ohio || Jandy 1HP 2 speed Pump || Waterco MultiCyclone 16 Centrifugal pre-filter (removed due to not working with sand filter) || 30" 575 Lb. Sand Filter || AquaCal 140K BTU Heat Pump || Solar Cover || Inter-fab Adrenaline Slide || GLI Monsoon Solar Cover Reel || K-2006C Test Kit || BBB with Liquid Chlorine Stenner Injection || Rayner Mighty Mesh Winter Cover

8. Back To Top    #8

In the Industry

Quote Originally Posted by toofast
    I know this is an old post, but my PB told me the G-Force (now 2 I guess) is really a slow slide and I should consider something else? Any input on that ?
    I haven't tried it myself, but any spiral slide is going to have a slower exit than a straight-shot slide of the same height, just due to the more complex geometry and friction. Still, the G-Force has been pretty popular among our customers' kids.

The S.R. Smith "heliX" is the competitor to the G-Force, if you're looking for another spiral slide, but we've only sold a few since we added it last week, so I don't have any customer feedback yet, sorry!

9. Back To Top    #9

Ok thanks, yeah my PB is a authorized Interfab guy, so of course that is the angle he wants me to go and honestly it makes sense. I also like the smaller footprint of the G - Force...and speed isn't always everything

Thanks for your feedback!
    14,750 GAL IG Fiberglass (16 x 33) NE Ohio || Jandy 1HP 2 speed Pump || Waterco MultiCyclone 16 Centrifugal pre-filter (removed due to not working with sand filter) || 30" 575 Lb. Sand Filter || AquaCal 140K BTU Heat Pump || Solar Cover || Inter-fab Adrenaline Slide || GLI Monsoon Solar Cover Reel || K-2006C Test Kit || BBB with Liquid Chlorine Stenner Injection || Rayner Mighty Mesh Winter Cover

10. Back To Top    #10

In the Industry

Any time, have a great holiday weekend!