3" Tablet vs Liquid chlorine

meatloaf said:
:?: Is there any way to compare tablets to liquid? Is 1 3" tablet = to 8oz of liquid? Sorry if I'm not explaining it properly, but I think you'll get my drift. Thanks

the pool people told me that 1 lb of powder is equal to 1 gal of bleach, but they were wrong as it takes 1 gal (6% bleach) to raise a 10k gal pool 6ppm, while for powder it was taking me 2 lbs to achieve the same rise in chlorine levels. i dont know how 3" tablets compare to the powder, if they are lb for lb equal, but im sure they are quite close.

It depends on the weight of the tablet and the concentration of the liquid.

For example, 1 8-ounce 3" tablet is equivalent in chlorine content to 7 cups of 12.5% chlorinating liquid or 14.2 cups of 6% bleach.

You can use The Pool Calculator (which you can find in The Stickies link at the top of this TroubleFreePool website) and just keep in mind that 3" Trichlor tabs come in different weights. Usually they are 8-ounces, but some are 7 and I've some that are 6.

Richard

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.