LED Bulb conversion - a few questions

Jan 11, 2012
Las Vegas, NV
Hello all, I've searched all over the internet and cannot find the answer to my question -

I have a pool/spa combo both containing a single light each. Both the pool and the spa both use the same fixture. After considerable searching I've determined that my fixture is a STA-RITE Sun-Lite . It looks to be a spa sized fixture. The spa has a 100watt bulb and the pool a 250watt bulb. I would like to change each bulb to a LED unit (Intellebrite 5G if at all possible).

The bulb these fixtures use are Halogen bulbs with a bayonet base. I have found no LED pool lights which use bayonet style bases so, it looks like I will have to change out the entire fixture/wiring back to the electrical box. My concern is how to determine which LED Light/fixture will work with my Niche? Are Niche's fairly standard in size?

I would hate to order a bulb/fixture only to find out it does not fit my pool/spa.

Thanks for any help anyone can provide.

quattro1 said:
. My concern is how to determine which LED Light/fixture will work with my Niche? Are Niche's fairly standard in size?

I would hate to order a bulb/fixture only to find out it does not fit my pool/spa.

Are these both the same (physical) sized lights?

I though all of the sunlight(s) were mini-candelabra not bayonet.

Are these 12volt?

Hi Racket,

Both lights are the same physical size. I took a few measurements today:

The lamp housing is 3-1/4" wide

The lamp housing is 3-3/4" deep from the back where the cord comes out to the front where the lens mounts. This measurement is with no lens in place.

The glass lens is 3-1/8" round.

The retaining ring/mounting ring that he lamp mounts to and then holds the lamp to the niche is 5-5/8" round Stainless Steel.

The outer trim ring/mounting plate says "Sunlite". Unfortunately there is no model number anywhere on the lamp or niche. Searching online I found a Pentair partners replacement parts catalog containing Sta-Rite Sunlite parts. My light looks exactly like the Sunlite light on catalog page 460:

https://www.pentairpartners.com/product ... US2012.pdf

The bulb base is indeed bayonet base.

Sorry I realized after posting I did not mention - these are 120 volt lights.

Is this an odd size lite? Any chance I can buy a LED lamp for which will fit my niche? I realize I will most likely have to replace the lamp/cord back to the breaker box.

Thanks again for any help,

Brian

Brian,

Did you find a replacement? I think I have the exact same light except that the overall length is 4.25" and the tube part is 2.75". But the other measurements for lens etc all lined up oh and my bulb is a screw in type though...I'll post in my own thread but I'm curious if you found anything?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.