double-checking on TA and CH tests

rhythm

LifeTime Supporter
Mar 1, 2008
Lake Forest, CA
I've searched and found some information from other posts on this, and just wanted to double-check that I'm interpreting things correctly. I'm currently using the Taylor K-2006 kit.

TA, 25 ml sample: After 6 drops it took some swirlling for the red to go away, but the sample did end up an obvious green. After 7 drops the sample ended up making an obvious change from green to red. I added an 8th drop, and the sample got a bit deeper of a red. The ninth did nothing. So I take it that I'm at a TA of 80?

CH, 10 ml sample: I took my time and swirled a while in between drops. After 14 drops the sample was still red. After adding the 15th drop the sample turned blue, and was a pretty obvious change from red to blue. It was not a perfect blue, perhaps hinted at a lavender, but it seemed that there were no hints left of the red color at all. After adding the 16th drop, the sample got just a bit more blue, not a darker blue, just a bit "truer" of a blue perhaps, and it seemed the the little floating particles were now more blue than they were after 15 drops. I added a 17th drop, and the sample may still have turned a slightly truer blue, but if it did it wasn't much. Right now I'm thinking that I'll consider my hardness at 400 (16 drops). If there was perhaps a slightly truer blue (but not really any deeper) after 17 drops, should I be thinking 425 on the hardness? Either way I seem to have a pretty good idea of my CH.

Thanks,
Greg

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.