Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: K-2006 Test Kit

1. Back To Top    #1

K-2006 Test Kit

I have a K-2006 test kit. It includes the 22 ml bottles. When I order replacements I usually order the 60 ml bottles and refill my 22 ml bottles. I think the problem with that is that I am now noticing that some of my bottles have changed colors ( no longer clear) and I am not sure if it was caused by the newer reagents/indicators I have used to refill the bottles. I know that is one sign of needing to replace the reagents/indicators. I was thinking that maybe I should buy a tackle box or some other storage box so that I could keep the chemicals in the original 60 ml bottles. Thoughts? Has anyone used anything other than the blue storage box that comes with the K-2006 kit?

Thanks for your help!!
    East TN
    13,000 gal San Juan Fiberglass Pool;SWG; GoldLine Pro Logic Controls
    Hayward Sand Filter; Hayward Max-Flo XL Pump;Polaris 380; Hayward ColorLogic LED
    Raypak Gas Heater

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: K-2006 Test Kit

I use a 2006 but I never refill any old bottles. I threw away the blue box and got a cheap tackle vox.
    14,000 gallon IG, Vinyl. Hayward 3/4 hp superpump, Penatair IC40 SWCG, Pentair automation, Hayward sand filter, Aqua Comfort heat pump, Hayward 400k Lo-Nox LP heater.

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: K-2006 Test Kit

Thanks for the reply. I think I will do the same and get a tool or tackle box. I would like something that will hold all the supplies including the Speedstir.
    East TN
    13,000 gal San Juan Fiberglass Pool;SWG; GoldLine Pro Logic Controls
    Hayward Sand Filter; Hayward Max-Flo XL Pump;Polaris 380; Hayward ColorLogic LED
    Raypak Gas Heater