Pool Pilot Dig-220- replaced cell + cord, purifier = 1%

gwar9999

LifeTime Supporter
Aug 16, 2010
My last cell and cord became burnt/rusted so I replaced them both. After installing the replacements and going into the "installer menu" to "replace cell" the digital display says that the purifier is "off" and it's set to 1%. I cannot raise it by pressing the "up" arrow. Why? I can place it into Boost mode but I'm not sure if that actually does anything if the purifier is set to 1%.

FWIW, I know the "up" arrow button works just fine since I can use it to navigate the menus.

When I run the test mode the Pool Pilot displays: SC-36, cell power 2, 3000 ppm salt, 18v 6.4A, 55 degrees F.

Thanks for any help,

Phil

Thanks, I checked the manual and it says it considers the seasonal temps between 50-90 and then auto adjusts the purifier if it's warmer or colder. So 55 degrees shouldn't cause any issues. Once I determined that, I decided to kill the power to the Pool Pilot and then restore the power. Once I did that, the purifier reading displayed 100% (so I guess my constant "up" pressing yesterday did cause the level to increase but the display just wouldn't indicate it). Power cycling seemed to correct the behavior so it looks like it's all good now.

The Automatic temperture compensation will automatically increase and decrease the Purifier % output, based on water temperature changes. As it goes down to 55 degrees or colder, it goes to a 1% maximum output. As temperatures increase, it will also allow you to increase theoutput higher than 1%, although there will max limit, depending on temperatures.
Cycling it shouldn't affect the temperature compensation feature, and was most likely a result of the water temperature reading higher than 60 degrees.

In MOST cases, the temperature compensation works perfectly, and will still provide sufficient chlorine production during winter months... on an unheated pool. If it's heated, the output should not decrease much from the normal operation.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.