Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Pool in North Texas

1. Back To Top    #1

New Pool in North Texas

We finally pulled the trigger, and boy howdy, I sure hope we made the right decision. We talked with references, BBB and all that and it's all great. No cause for concern, just nervous that's all. This is a new adventure for us.

Here's some particulars:
    40' x 20'
    3'6" to 8'6" diving pool
    114' perimeter
    625 sq. ft
    35' moss rock weeping wall along the back
    Tanning ledge with 2 bubblers
    Spa raised 18"
    Jandy PureLink SWG
    Jandy 2.0hp variable speed pump
    Jandy 1.0hp pump for spa and weeping wall
    Jandy 400k BTU heater
    Jandy 460 cartridge filter
    Jandy LED lights (2 in pool, 1 in spa)
    Jandy PS-6 remote controller
    Polaris 280 w/ booster pump
    Quartzscape or Stonescape - undecided still
    Oklahoma Flagstone Coping
    Boticas Green or Petra Azul tile (dependent on the pool finish decision)
    527 sq ft of stamped 2 color concrete (but we've already decided to add to this; will end up closer to 600 sq ft)

They started digging yesterday morning, and 8 hours later we had a big hole in the ground

Today they got all the steel work done and bonded. Tomorrow they do the plumbing. Our PB is trying to get gunite in Monday before the rain, but I'm afraid the weather isn't going to cooperate. I'll keep posting pictures here through the build.

Any feedback or comments are welcome.
    20' x 40' / 33,000 gallon / IG / Vinyl
    200lb sand filter / 1hp pump
    4hrs full sun with about 45 min part sun before and after

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: New Pool in North Texas

This looks like it's going to be a beautiful pool! I love the shape and design choices.

Our pool is just about finished here in Tulsa. Not nearly as big as yours, but we're thrilled the grandkids will love it this summer. It was filled with water yesterday (completely filled last night at 9pm). Just a few details to finish up with by our PB.
    16 x 31, Approx. 12,000 Gal Freeform IG pool; Flagstone coping; Quartzscapes Super Blue plaster finish; Tanning ledge w/2 bubblers; 1 HP Pentair Whisperflo pump, Pentair sand filter; (2) Pentair Intellibrite LEDs w/controller; Easytouch8 w/IC-40 SWG; Salt finish concrete decking.

3. Back To Top    #3

It's been steeled and plumbed, and possibly gunite tomorrow. It depends whether we get the rain that's forecasted.

4. Back To Top    #4

Looks good. Couldn't have a better off season to put a pool in either.

5. Back To Top    #5

Lookin good!
    20' X 54" Sharkline Matrix Resin AGP, 9400 Gallons, Sta-Rite 1 HP Dynamo Pump, 150 lb Pentair Sand Filter, Gorilla Pad,
    Foam Cove, Taylor K-2006 kit, BBB method, 8'X20' Fafco Sunsaver Hard Plumb, DIY Fountain, Margarittaville Fiji

My Build: one-man-one-pool-and-one-deck-agp-pics-t37172.html
    My Build 'To-Do' List for other DIY'ers: my-pool-build-list-t40249.html?hilit=list

6. Back To Top    #6

I agree, looks like a great pool!

If it hasn't already been shot, I think I'd want them to replace the section of pipe in the spa that they burned when bending it; it's visible in the center left of your spa picture.
    11,200 gal, Pebble-Tec; Tristar 2-speed 1hp - Swimclear 325 ft2 cart - SWG - A & A in-floor cleaner - Heat pump. For the poolside cooking, a Yoder Wichita and a Big Steel Keg!
    TF Test Kits -- PoolMath -- Pool School
    Make each day your masterpiece. - John Wooden

7. Back To Top    #7

Guess I should share some updates. The gunite, tile, coping and rock is all done. Electrical is done. Forms will be laid for the patio on Wednesday, and poured on Friday.

8. Back To Top    #8

The stamped concrete patio was poured today. Including the flagstone inlays and border, the total square footage is about 770.

9. Back To Top    #9

That looks great!
    Approx 11K Gal. 10'X30' Semi free-form IG - 6 ' raised spa w/6 jets - 10' circle sun shelf with 1 bubbler - Waterfall - 3 / 1.5 HP pumps - Polaris 280 Cleaner - 3 Pentair Color LED Intellibrite Lights - Pentair 400K Master Temp - 2 Valve Actuators - 5 Fiberstar Mini Laminars - 1 Fiberstars 2004 Illuminator - 2 Skimmers - 6 Returns - Caribbean Blue Pebble Tech - 600+ sq ft kool decK - Auto Fill - 2 Boston Acoustics VOYA RK5 Outdoor Rock Speakers - 2 TIC Corporation TFS5CN 6.5-Inch 150-Watt Terra-Forms Rock Speakers - Apple Airport Express - 1 Awesome View.

10. Back To Top    #10

Another update...

The patio inlays are all done, the pool cleaned out, and the yard cleaned and graded. The plumber came this morning to hook up the heater.

Looks like this is the final week of construction!! All that's left is the fence around the equipment, seal the patio, plaster the pool interior and install the diving board. Best news is it's supposed to be sunny all week. Can't wait!!

Flagstone border

The dog likes how the old flagstone patio was integrated with the pool and new patio.

Three more flagstone inlays

11. Back To Top    #11

PLASTER ON FRIDAY!!! The end is in site! Here's some updated pictures for your enjoyment.

Pay no attention mess behind the pool. I can't wait to get this part over and start the cleanup and clean out. Spring is around the corner, so lots of planting to be done soon.

12. Back To Top    #12

looks great!
    Pentair IntelliFlo VS pump, 60sqft Pentair FNS DE filter, 11750gal, Pebble Sheen, Pentair Legend cleaner, IntelliChlor salt chlorinator, Rome Heat/Cool HeatPump 125

13. Back To Top    #13

We have a pool!!!

The pool is being filled as we speak, and the PB will come back Monday morning to turn on the equipment and we'll start the brushing process.

14. Back To Top    #14

Looks great! I'd sweep up those leaves ASAP...
    15,600 Gallon, 16' x 32' In-Ground Vinyl Pool
    Pentair VS 3050 pump, Quad DE 60 filter and SunTouch controller
    8 gallon Liquidator, Aquatherm EcoSun Solar Panels, 2 wheel ThePoolCleaner

15. Back To Top    #15

Looks great, I love the color of your plaster!! Do you have a picture of your Pergola? We are looking at putting one on but can't find a lot of good photos!! Can't wait to see it completely full!
    Purposed new pool at home being built- 20x40 vinyl pool, 20ft vinyl covered steps, Automatic cover, 6 ft sheer decent, 4 lighted deck jets, lime stone coping, easy touch, heat pump, SPA- 8x8 fiberglass shell, limestone steps surrounding
    previous home- 16 x 32 IG Vinyl- Install- Mid June 2011. 3ft Shallow 8ft Deep/ Totally Hayward 1HP pump/ 250 pound Sand/ AquaPro800 Heat pump/ Blue Hampton Liner/ 2 Intellibrite LED Lights/ Polaris 360/ 4 Deckjet II's/ 3ft concrete Apron/ 800 sq ft Paver Patio

16. Back To Top    #16

The PB came today to add the salt and turn on all the equipment. The brushing starts!!

tatertot09, I'm traveling this week, but I'll get you a better picture of our pergola at the end of the week. That was built about 5 years ago when we had our flagstone patio done. I so wish it was fully covered, though. We went a little cheap, and now we can't use that patio when there's a light drizzle because it's just open slats.

17. Back To Top    #17

Thank you! I look forward to the photos... Safe travels!!
    Purposed new pool at home being built- 20x40 vinyl pool, 20ft vinyl covered steps, Automatic cover, 6 ft sheer decent, 4 lighted deck jets, lime stone coping, easy touch, heat pump, SPA- 8x8 fiberglass shell, limestone steps surrounding
    previous home- 16 x 32 IG Vinyl- Install- Mid June 2011. 3ft Shallow 8ft Deep/ Totally Hayward 1HP pump/ 250 pound Sand/ AquaPro800 Heat pump/ Blue Hampton Liner/ 2 Intellibrite LED Lights/ Polaris 360/ 4 Deckjet II's/ 3ft concrete Apron/ 800 sq ft Paver Patio

18. Back To Top    #18

Can you share your price tag. I'm in frisco. Thx.

Quote Originally Posted by notenuftoys
    We have a pool!!!

The pool is being filled as we speak, and the PB will come back Monday morning to turn on the equipment and we'll start the brushing process.

19. Back To Top    #19

This is when it's all worth it!!

Last week over spring break, my youngest (in the pool) and a friend talked themselves into swimming. The water was 63 degrees (burrrr!!)! But they did it, even doing an inaugural front flip off the diving board.

I'm installing micro sprinklers all through the plant beds right now, and in another month or so we should have all the plants in.

20. Back To Top    #20

Looks nice

Kids just don't seem to mind the cold water
    18' x 42" Intex (4786 Gal @ 80% capacity) Intex 8110 SWCG, 2000 GPH cartridge filter.
    Full Sun, Well Water, Borates at approx. 50
    TFTestKit-100--The Pool Calculator--Pool School

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast