Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Aqua Rite with no Timer

1. Back To Top    #1

Aqua Rite with no Timer

I currently have a Pentair Whisperflow pump and my Aqua Rite T-Cell-3 connected to a single manual timer. I will be replacing my pump with an Intelliflow variable speed pump which has its own built in timer. My intention was to just remove the on/off tabs from the timer and leave the electrical connections the same. The pump will run approximately 12 hours a day but the Aqua Rite will now be powered on 24 hours a day because the timer will now not be active. My idea was to let the flow sensor control turning the salt system on and off.

Can I do this or must I have the Aqua Rite connected to a timer that will match the timer on the pump? After the big expense of upgrading my pump, I do not want to invest in some sort of remote control.

Is there a rule of thumb as to adjusting the output percentage with longer run times but less water flow?

Also, I am not able to get to the goldlinecontrols web site any longer. I used to be able speak to a human there. Does anyone know how to contact their support other than by email?

2. Back To Top    #2

South Central NJ

Re: Aqua Rite with no Timer

The flow switch will sense no flow when the pump shuts off. That will kill the power to the cell.

Owner of - PoolGuyNJ LLC
    Expert Pool and Spa Repairs, Renovations, and Augmentation. Helping people decide what is the right gear for meeting their needs. Expectations Set, Expectations Met, No Surprises.

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Aqua Rite with no Timer

I found the phone number: 888-921-7665.