Pentair EasyTouch \ Intelliflow VF Questions

Boone

Jan 6, 2012
Just bought and in the process of installing all the Pentair support equipment for my pool \ spa listed below in my signature...... having a lot of fun bringing the various pieces on line..... have questions about Easytouch \ Intelliflow.

#1 Under The VF status display one gets a read out for "Filter"... Mine seems to be parked on 37..... what does this value represent? Manual says it is "filter minutes".... minutes to what???

#2 If you have programmed features into the VF pump directly will they still be active once you give control over to EasyTouch and if so will they be visible on the indoor control panel or outdoor Easyouch power center?

#3 Can someone please explain to me the differences in the "Circuit Functions" Example " Master Pool", "Master Spa" and "Master Cleaner"?

Thanks to all.....

I'm no expert, but from my own tinkering with my system here's what I think:

#1. No idea.

#2. No, features programmed into the pump are completely ignored once the automation takes over. Therefore, I wouldn't spend any time tinkering with the pump's programability, as nifty as it might be.

#3. Master pool is usually a configuration of pump speed and valves to run pool returns and pool drains. Master spa is usually a configuration where the pump speed is higher, the valves send to the spa returns (the massaging jets), and the spa drain. Master cleaner is a configuration of a pump speed and valves to run an in-floor cleaning system or robot or similar.

Have fun!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.