Kreepy Krauly EZ Vac and ABG Pool

DrC

May 9, 2007
Ohio
First, Thanks to SeanB and the Mod Squad for making a new forum for all of us.

I have purchased a Kreepy Krauly EZ Vac to use in our pool. The vac was easy to set up and seems to work ok. I can tell where it has traveled but still have some areas it has not cleaned in the past 24 hours (Pump is on 24/7). There are no adjustments that I know of to modify how it works. The areas it has cleaned are cleaned well but I need to change the random pattern or something. I can change the speed dramatically by switching my pump to high. It travels the recommended 8-12 feet per minute on low and probably triples on high speed. Anyone else have any experience with the Kreepy Krauly or other advice, tips?

I had something of the same problem, Kreepy Krawly just kept doing a figure 8 around the pool hitting the same spots all the time.

I added a couple extra lengths of hose to it and that mixed it up. What I do now is just alternate between all the lengths, and all the lengths - 1 every now and again to change up it's pattern.

Usually, if a KK doesn't cover the entire pool, it's related to one of two things:
1. the amount of hoses you are using, rule of thumb seems to be that if your pool is 24 round feet, then you should use all the hoses that came with it, if it's bigger, you have to buy more hose, if it's smaller, you should remove hoses.
You may want to play with it for a bit to see if anything will change.
2. How your return eye is directed - if it's pointing to the right you are creating a vortex that will pull the KK and affects it's travel path, straight down or out into the pool center seems to work well for my pool.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.