seperate pump for bubblers?

I'm building a 16' x 36' shotcrete pool (19,000 gallons). No spa, and the only water feature is 3 bubblers on a tanning ledge. My plans call for a 1 3/4 variable speed Jandy ePump. But I started wondering if I should I get a second pump for the bubblers? I'd like to be able to turn those on and off whenever we want, but it seems a little wasteful to buy another pump just for three bubblers. I guess I could get an actuator and a controller to turn the bubblers on and off using one pump.... What do you guys think?

I would go with using your main pump with the bubblers. It's a lot easier to add some pipe and a valve than a separate suction, pump, wiring, etc. Also, it's less stuff to fail in the future :goodjob:

are you doing any type of automation? if so, it would be easy to create a circuit that would open the valve and redirect the return water to your bubblers. You could even have different levels of bubbling since it is a variable speed pump.

There is absolutely no reason to spend the money for another pump. The bubblers are simply returns pointing upwards.....and if you add another pump, you will need another set of drains. If you had a spa, it would be a different story...but for this application, you'd have no benefit using another pump.

you could probably put in inexpensive automation like a sun touch for the same price as an extra pump and drains.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.