Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Buying used IntelliTouch - what to look for

1. Back To Top    #1

Buying used IntelliTouch - what to look for

I have the option to buy a used Intellitouch I9+3 with Power Center. No actuators or relays. What should I be looking out for what and questions should be asked? I'm considering the Intellitouch due to the ability to control the Intelliflo pumps (VF + VS), which from what I understand, the other manufacturers cannot do.
    Any help how to evaluate the Intellitouch so not to get a lemon is appreciated.
    Thanks.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Buying used IntelliTouch - what to look for

No relays or did you mean breakers? There should be 9 relays.

Make sure it powers up, Check for previous programming. Check the f/w rev level.

Note that any open knockouts for conduit connections that you don't use will need to be closed off. Not a big deal to get the fillers though.

Scott
    Owner of - PoolGuyNJ LLC
    Expert Pool and Spa Repairs, Renovations, and Augmentation. Helping people decide what is the right gear for meeting their needs. Expectations Set, Expectations Met, No Surprises.

3. Back To Top    #3

Thanks Scott.

Is there a minimum firmware version that I should look for? Or, can any old version be updated with a newer firmware?
    If the unit powers up and I can view the previous programming, then it should be good?

Thanks.

/Peter

4. Back To Top    #4

Intellitouch can be flashed with new code. You can expect to pay for the service but the code itself is free.

Scott
    Owner of - PoolGuyNJ LLC
    Expert Pool and Spa Repairs, Renovations, and Augmentation. Helping people decide what is the right gear for meeting their needs. Expectations Set, Expectations Met, No Surprises.

5. Back To Top    #5

Ok, thanks.