Zodiac Clearwater SWG malfunction

sherro

Jan 3, 2012
Hi, I'm new to this website, but it looks like it could really help me get the most from my pool - which is 8 years old and getting to need expensive maintenance! I have a Zodiac Clearwater LM2-30 SWG which has always worked well and still pumps out the chlorine fantastically (although it's on its second cell). Problem is that the controller is playing up and running the pump/chlorinator constantly whenever the controler is powered up. Has anyone come across this before? If so, can it be fixed? I know I could replace the controller but I don't want to do that unless necessary since the chlorination is working so well. I'd appreciate any helpful comments.
Thanks, Sherro

Sorry for slow response - been on holiday. I've tried resetting and re-inputting the settings etc. a few times. No change. The unit did come good for a while, and then started sticking on again. As you say, a sticking relay seems a likely cause.

I can see this is an old post but thought I would reply in case others experience this problem. The zodiac units support 'run-on-power-up'. The user manual will explain how to activate/deactive this function. This mode is used when you have an external timer.

Thanks for the response - however late. That might have been the problem (although I don't recall seeing anything in the manual I had about that function). I'm the proud owner of a replacement chlorinator unit now so the problem has gone away! Doesn't matter - at least I'm back to trouble-free pool maintenance again...

I know that this is an old thread but I just had an electrician install an intermetic timer today, and it appears that the LM2 SWG that I have in not turning on by default when the timer kicks in. Wondering if someone could provide a little more detailed instructions on how to set the LM2 to "turn on when power up". I did check the service manual, but only noticed instructions on how to program for various controllers. Apologies if this has been answered in the past, but I'm fairly new to pools!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.