Become a TFP Supporter Welcome to our new server and new forum software. If you have problems logging in to the new system, you should try resetting your password. Click HERE to do that. Pool School

Thread: Down East Hot tub runs constantly

Down East Hot tub runs constantly

Quote Originally Posted by WshnIwslofn
    Hi
    Have a Down East hottub, either 2001 or 2002. Was playing with the panel the other evening and it popped up with F1 thru F12. I didn't know what this was and now the tub is running constantly and I cannot figure out how to get back to the F's which I now know is for pump duration. This was a used hot tub and did not come with the owners manual and the company says they do not have one?!? So, does anyone have an owners manual that you can help me with the programming. It has 4 buttons, up and down arrow, jet and light button and a temp readout.
    Thank you
    Kay

I have the same problem with my Down East Hot Tub (1 pump, 4 button, 1100 model) running constantly.
    It is killing our electric bill. Please Help!!!
    15K gallon salt water pebble bottom pool with attached spill over spa. Hayward 3/4 HP 115/208-230v Northstar Pump, (2) Hayward 2 HP 208-230v Northstar Pumps (1 for waterfall, 1 for spa jets), Hayward T-Cell-15 Salt Cell, Sta-Rite 400K Max-E-Therm Heather, Aqualogic PS-8 with software version 2.43

Re: Down East Hot tub runs constantly

Can you post the make & model of the control panel that is under the spa?

makes no difference. 4 button topside: push jet then temp, this brings the "f's" up then push temp to scroll through the settings. f-2 runs the pump for 2 hours out of every 12, f-3 runs the pump for 3 out of every 12 and so on. some have an FC which is filter constantly. there you go!!

down east 2004 1 motor.. how do i set economy or sleep mode. pls help seriousbiz2@verizon.net....
    15K gallon salt water pebble bottom pool with attached spill over spa. Hayward 3/4 HP 115/208-230v Northstar Pump, (2) Hayward 2 HP 208-230v Northstar Pumps (1 for waterfall, 1 for spa jets), Hayward T-Cell-15 Salt Cell, Sta-Rite 400K Max-E-Therm Heather, Aqualogic PS-8 with software version 2.43

look at my previous post for setting modes

the pump running by itself shouldnt "kill" your electric bill, they pull around 3 amps on low. if its heating the whole time its running, that will kill it, but somethings wrong if thats the case.

I purchased this same type of tub (Down East early 2000's with 4 buttons topside. Pump1, Pump2, Temp, and Light) I have been unable to locate a manual online, but countspacula's explaination of the F2-F12 functions have been a great find! I'm trying to find out what other 'tricks' this thing can do. Does anyone have a full manual or explaination of the controls? For example, right now when the 'light' button is pressed, the tub cycles through about 6 colors. Blue, red, green, etc. Is there anyway to keep it set to a single color?!?

Junior Member In the Industry

Here is what looks like an 04 manual: http://www.masterspas.com/documents/_ma ... Manual.pdf

And here is a 2012: http://www.masterspas.com/documents/_ma ... wneast.pdf

I don't know if either will help, but they might have a nugget hidden in there somewhere!
    "I feel most at home in the water. I disappear. That's where I belong."
    - Michael Phelps