Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: New pool question

1. Back To Top    #1

New pool question

New pool up and running. Aqua logic controller 2speed main pump and super pump for waterfall and deck jets. My question should I put waterfall and deck jets on freeze protection like the main pump or just winterized them. Or should I blow out deck jets and leave waterfall on freeze protection? Does any one have reccomendation for run time for my low speed on main pool pump? I live in Nashville TN. Thanks so much I am sure I will have more questions to come......
    18 by 36 mountain lake, swg aqua plus, cartgidge filter, two speed tristar 1hp, 1hp super pump for deck jet n waterfall, espio alarm, aquabot jr, Definitive Tech Aw6500 speakers, Onkyo receiver

2. Back To Top    #2

South Central NJ

Re: New pool question

If the deck jets and waterfall are on the same pump, you can winterize that subsystem and take it off freeze protect and shut that pump's breaker so it can't be accidentally turned on.

If either the deck jets or the the waterfall are on the 2 speed pump, you should be able to winterize those returns if you can fully valve them off

Owner of - PoolGuyNJ LLC
    Expert Pool and Spa Repairs, Renovations, and Augmentation. Helping people decide what is the right gear for meeting their needs. Expectations Set, Expectations Met, No Surprises.