Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: SPring time pumps to drain cover

1. Back To Top    #1

SPring time pumps to drain cover

First let me give a happy new year to Jason and the team for all the valuable advice during the last pool year!
    You guys made pool ownership and maintenance a pleasure and my water is 200x better than my neighbors swamp!

So coming up next spring I am looking to get a small pump to drain the cover off. I've been regulating my water currently with a regular hose and keeping enough water on it without being too much
    come spring I'm gonna want to get the water off faster (without sucking it through the cover)

I have been very frustrated trying to find any useful pumps online... does anyone have any recommendations?

24' Round 54" Impulse Ovation AGP, 1.5 HP 2 Spd, 150 Sq Ft. Cartridge Filter, RayPak 130K BTU NG Heater, BBB in full effect!!
    Vist TFT Test Kits --- Visit Pool School ---
    Visit the Pool Calculator

2. Back To Top    #2
    Cape Coral, FL

Re: SPring time pumps to drain cover

My cover came with this Rule pump that does a great job-it automatically cycles and keeps the cover dry. When there is no water it does not run
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Don SW Florida
    10,000 gal in ground concrete pool
    Pentair Cartridge filter, Pentair SWG, Pentair Intelliflow VS pump (11018)
    FAFCO solar panels w/Pentair SolarTouch controller
    using BBB for pool chemistry/Lamotte ColorQ tester for daily testing

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: SPring time pumps to drain cover

this is the one I have. It comes with a nice attachment to use, but there is nothing automatic about it.

this is the one I would buy if I was doing it over.

I would rather manually pump water off the cover quickly.
    [ Vogue Vectra 24' AG | Hard plumb: Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 1HP 2-speed, 27" sand filter & Pentair MiniMax 100 NG | Taylor K-2006 | Central IL ]