Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: new cleaner possibilities

1. Back To Top    #1

new cleaner possibilities

ok first off i am through with my 380 one thing breaks after the next it gets annoying and now the booster pump is leaking. so i am willing to replace but what should i get. I am positive that i am going to suction side I am either thinking of the pentair sandshark or hayward pool vac xl but which is better??? my pool his light debris and had a hayward variable speed pump recently installed. i like the xl bit it can't scrub the sandshark can scrub however my neighbor had one and it did'nt work right. so which is better.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: new cleaner possibilities

Have you considered a robotic cleaner? No hose to deal with, but does have a power cord that's easier to deal with. No worries about the pump running or booster pump. I've got a SmartKleen Nitro their about $400, picks up leaves, acorns and such.
    17K Kidney Shaped Pool Concrete (Diamond Bright) Pool, 3/4 hp 2 speed 115V Sta-rite Duraglas PEA5D-180L/P2R5D-181L (Impeller C105-92PS Diffuser C1-216P), 1.5 piping, Pentair CC100 Filter , Heat Siphon 100K BTU Heat Pump Pool Heater, Flow meter Blue White Flowmeter Model No. F-30150P, Hayward Astrolight SP0581N, SWCG CalimarTitanium Edition TE45 , Dolphin Nautilus Plus with CleverClean, Lakeland Florida

3. Back To Top    #3

Is the Pentair SandShark the best cleaner for pebble finishing? My builder mentioned and I wanted to check with you guys.

http://www.pentairpool.com/pool-owner/r ... dshark.htm
    15x34 in ground, 16.5K gallons, Emerald Isle pebble finishing
    Pentair IntelliFlow VS-3050 pump
    Pentair Quad D.E. filter
    Pentair IntelliChlor
    Pentair IntelliBrite 5g LED light
    Pentair Great White Vacuum cleaner

4. Back To Top    #4

I've had a dolphin robot vac for my new pebble sheen pool for a few months now - very happy with its performance and no worries at all about it damaging the pebble plus it does go up steps and scrub tile. On the other hand, it does have a robotic price tag which is much higher than the price tag for suction side vacs.
    24K gallon inground gunite/pebble sheen pool, 34'x16' 4-7.5ft deep, 750sq ft solar, pentair ultratemp, intelliflow vs+, ic60, intellichem w/ acid pump, quad de 100, intellibright 5g, intellitouch i5-3s with Screenlogic2, 3" primary piping - 2.5" at equip pad, auto switched deep heating and main returns, automatic safety cover w/ electronic lock and embedded recessed undertrack, sealed stamped concrete deck, dolphin deluxe 5, started up December 2011.

5. Back To Top    #5

Just came from the local Pinch-a-Penny store and they recommended the Pentair White cleaner:

http://www.pentairpool.com/pool-pro/pro ... ite-64.htm

Any experience with that?

Thanks
    15x34 in ground, 16.5K gallons, Emerald Isle pebble finishing
    Pentair IntelliFlow VS-3050 pump
    Pentair Quad D.E. filter
    Pentair IntelliChlor
    Pentair IntelliBrite 5g LED light
    Pentair Great White Vacuum cleaner