Converting Hot tub from 120 to 240V ... help

Dec 29, 2011
I have a Leisure Bay hot tub that is currently running on 120V. Inside the control panel it shows that the wiring can be switched to make it run on 240V. I mainly want to switch to 240 to get the most out of the heater, since it is currently running on 120 I am only getting around 950 Watts (7.8 Amps@120V) out of it. My heater is rated 4KW @ 240V so there is no problem there with the conversion. My main concern is the pump motor which is a 2 speed motor rated for 115V according to the plate on the motor, I'm not sure if I need a new motor or if re-wiring the control panel takes this into account and just supplies 240V to the heater and keeps the motor at 120V.

Can someone take a look at the wiring diagram that I attached and let me know if I can convert it to 240 without getting a new motor? On the diagram it looks like there are 3 steps:
1. Take the red wires from terminal 1 and move them to terminal 4 on the main input "block"
2. Move the selector switch on the board from 20A to 50A position
3. (this one I am unclear about) It shows a wire being added from the 20A fuse to the white (common) wire coming from the pump, is this just if I use a 240V motor?

This is a picture of the wiring diagram for the control panel:

DSC00002.jpg

Here are some close ups of the diagrams:

DSC00018.jpg

DSC00016.jpg

DSC00015.jpg

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.