Become a TFP Supporter Welcome to our new server and new forum software. Pool School

Thread: Cover leak

Cover leak

I bought an inexpensive winter cover this year. I lowered the water level 21 inches below deck when I closed the pool. It is now 31 inches below deck. I definitely have a cover leak...think it was when the dog fell in the pool one night when we put him out. Now the cover pump is draining the pool. This is a slow leak, so I think the hole(s) in the cover is small, but I cannot find them.

I saw one post where someone was considering pumping water off the cover back into the pool. Is this a viable option?

Does anyone have any other suggestions other than buying a new cover? I will buy a new cover before next year's closing.
    20,000gal, inground, vinyl liner, 1.5hp Hayward Superpump, Hayward sand filter, CircuPool SWG, BBB w/o Borax, one skimmer, Caretaker floor popups, two return jets at stairs, waterfall.

Re: Cover leak

If the area's leave have fallen and cleaned up, you could take it off. But given the presence of the dog, I would be more inclined to have gotten the safety cover.

Scott
    Owner of - PoolGuyNJ LLC
    Expert Pool and Spa Repairs, Renovations, and Augmentation. Helping people decide what is the right gear for meeting their needs. Expectations Set, Expectations Met, No Surprises.