Become a TFP Supporter Welcome to our new server and new forum software. If you have problems logging in to the new system, you should try resetting your password. Click HERE to do that. Pool School

Thread: Cover leak

Cover leak

I bought an inexpensive winter cover this year. I lowered the water level 21 inches below deck when I closed the pool. It is now 31 inches below deck. I definitely have a cover leak...think it was when the dog fell in the pool one night when we put him out. Now the cover pump is draining the pool. This is a slow leak, so I think the hole(s) in the cover is small, but I cannot find them.

I saw one post where someone was considering pumping water off the cover back into the pool. Is this a viable option?

Does anyone have any other suggestions other than buying a new cover? I will buy a new cover before next year's closing.
    20,000gal, inground, vinyl liner, 1.5hp Hayward Superpump, Hayward sand filter, CircuPool SWG, BBB w/o Borax, one skimmer, Caretaker floor popups, two return jets at stairs, waterfall.

Re: Cover leak

If the area's leave have fallen and cleaned up, you could take it off. But given the presence of the dog, I would be more inclined to have gotten the safety cover.

Scott
    Owner of - PoolGuyNJ LLC
    Expert Pool and Spa Repairs, Renovations, and Augmentation. Helping people decide what is the right gear for meeting their needs. Expectations Set, Expectations Met, No Surprises.