I have an issue with the multiport valve positions

eragon

Dec 22, 2011
I have an issue with the multiport valve positions, I moved them around somehow and now the spa is empty, how are they suppost to go, I am very new to all of this, I have vac, spa, skimmer, main drain: here is a picture of how I have them set up right now

4ies8p.jpg

IMG]http://i40.tinypic.com/28u60cj.jpg[/IMG]

Re: New to pools - multiport value positions

eragon:

Well, part of the problem is that your drain from the spa is getting some of the suction. You could turn the valve so that it is positioned at "off" to the spa's drain. However, it is difficult to see the return valves. Are there additional valves on the system that control where the flow returns to the pool? I'd assume some sort of 3-way valve to control return water to the spa vs. to the pool. To refill the spa, you need to minimize suction to the spa drain and maximize return flow to the spa jets. When you run on spa mode (after refilling), you can turn both the suction and return valves to the spa position (esp. if you are trying to heat the spa indepent of the pool water).

Re: New to pools - multiport value positions

thanks I moved the OFF position to the SPA, off position between the skimmer and main drain and the OFF position at the black knob by the vac, my new problem is that the vac is not moving at all...??

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.