Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: I have an issue with the multiport valve positions

1. Back To Top    #1

I have an issue with the multiport valve positions

I have an issue with the multiport valve positions, I moved them around somehow and now the spa is empty, how are they suppost to go, I am very new to all of this, I have vac, spa, skimmer, main drain: here is a picture of how I have them set up right now

IMG]http://i40.tinypic.com/28u60cj.jpg[/IMG]
    12000 gallon in-ground Pebbletec. Aquarite SWG, Magna Sweep in-floor cleaning system, Hayward cartridge filter.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: New to pools - multiport value positions

eragon:

Well, part of the problem is that your drain from the spa is getting some of the suction. You could turn the valve so that it is positioned at "off" to the spa's drain. However, it is difficult to see the return valves. Are there additional valves on the system that control where the flow returns to the pool? I'd assume some sort of 3-way valve to control return water to the spa vs. to the pool. To refill the spa, you need to minimize suction to the spa drain and maximize return flow to the spa jets. When you run on spa mode (after refilling), you can turn both the suction and return valves to the spa position (esp. if you are trying to heat the spa indepent of the pool water).
    38K in ground pool with attached spa. Current equipment: Easytouch 8 (521150) with IC-60 SWCG with web control by Autelis, 1x Pentair IntelliFlo 011018 pump (for filter), 1x Pentair 2HP WhisperFlo pump (for waterfall), 2X Pentair IntelliBrite 5G 12V lights, Pentair MiniMax400 NG Heater, Pentair SMBW2060 DE filter. Zodiac Barracuda MX8 cleaner on dedicated cleaner line. Lighting/home automation controlled by Insteon/ISY-99i.

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: New to pools - multiport value positions

thanks I moved the OFF position to the SPA, off position between the skimmer and main drain and the OFF position at the black knob by the vac, my new problem is that the vac is not moving at all...??
    12000 gallon in-ground Pebbletec. Aquarite SWG, Magna Sweep in-floor cleaning system, Hayward cartridge filter.

4. Back To Top    #4

Re: I have an issue with the multiport valve positions

You may need to partially close off the skimmer/main drain valve to get the vac to work correctly. It's that 'path of least resistance' thing getting you, I bet.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit