Coverstar Problems

Dec 4, 2011
Coverstar Allignment

Hey guys I am new to the forum but was wondering if anyone out there has experiance with Coverstar allignments... I have a issue going on with mine after installing the new powerflex ropes that I cannot figure out.

I installed the new ropes, cut them exactly to the same lenght, then spooled them onto the reels and let it pull the cover to the end of the tracks.

The problem is I get slack in cover material and then when I try to uncover it I get slack in the ropes and I end up with a bound up mess.

Any ideas?
Thanks

Anyone have any experiance out there with Coverstar adjustments

I just replaced the ropes on mine and now when I run it out the cover on the take up spool get loose and it binds up. Is there a way to adjust the take up spool for the cover seperately then the rope spools?

thanks.. These are the new poly ropes so I am suprised they stretched but I think you are right. Do I need to take them off, Get the spool tight and respool them? Can you use the clutch adjustment on the min spool to fix this?

I fixed it by adjusting the clutch on the pickup spool.. thanks

I have a coverstar cover that suddenly is unspooling faster than it moves across the pool when I am closing the cover, causing the slack cover to get caught in the box. Is there a clutch on the cover spool that can slow the unspooling or apply some sort of resistance? As it draws the cover out, the motor seems to unspool too much cover ofr the ropes to pull. Ropes are a year old, tracks are clean, speed of closure seems normal, but it binds up as that slack cover gets caught up. Any ideas? I'd hate to call them for their minimum $250+ visit if it is an easy adjustment.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.