Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Coverstar Problems

1. Back To Top    #1

Coverstar Allignment

Hey guys I am new to the forum but was wondering if anyone out there has experiance with Coverstar allignments... I have a issue going on with mine after installing the new powerflex ropes that I cannot figure out.

I installed the new ropes, cut them exactly to the same lenght, then spooled them onto the reels and let it pull the cover to the end of the tracks.

The problem is I get slack in cover material and then when I try to uncover it I get slack in the ropes and I end up with a bound up mess.

Any ideas?
    Thanks

2. Back To Top    #2

Coverstar Problems

Anyone have any experiance out there with Coverstar adjustments

I just replaced the ropes on mine and now when I run it out the cover on the take up spool get loose and it binds up. Is there a way to adjust the take up spool for the cover seperately then the rope spools?

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Coverstar Problems

Welcome to TFP!

I merged your topics together since they are essentially asking the same thing.

4. Back To Top    #4

Sounds like the rope stretched.

The cover should have some slack over the pool but not on the spool.

Scott
    Owner of - PoolGuyNJ LLC
    Expert Pool and Spa Repairs, Renovations, and Augmentation. Helping people decide what is the right gear for meeting their needs. Expectations Set, Expectations Met, No Surprises.

5. Back To Top    #5

thanks.. These are the new poly ropes so I am suprised they stretched but I think you are right. Do I need to take them off, Get the spool tight and respool them? Can you use the clutch adjustment on the min spool to fix this?

6. Back To Top    #6

Without see what you have, I can't be certain. There have been a few different ways the ropes are attached over the years. I would have to see what you have.

Scott
    Owner of - PoolGuyNJ LLC
    Expert Pool and Spa Repairs, Renovations, and Augmentation. Helping people decide what is the right gear for meeting their needs. Expectations Set, Expectations Met, No Surprises.

7. Back To Top    #7

I fixed it by adjusting the clutch on the pickup spool.. thanks

8. Back To Top    #8

Fantastic!

Scott
    Owner of - PoolGuyNJ LLC