Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: How to dissemble Pentair Easy Touch 8 button remote

1. Back To Top    #1

How to dissemble Pentair Easy Touch 8 button remote

How do you dissemble the case on a Pentair Easy Touch remote? I have a battery tray that has broken that I can replace by soldering a connection to the circuit board, but I can't get the case open. I have taken the battery cover off, but I do not see any other screws or clips that would hold the two halves of the case together. Any ideas?

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: How to dissemble Pentair Easy Touch 8 button remote

If this is the hand held Quick Touch, you can't. It's glued. If it's a wall mount wireless remote capable of programming an Easy Touch, its case can be opened.

Scott
    Owner of - PoolGuyNJ LLC
    Expert Pool and Spa Repairs, Renovations, and Augmentation. Helping people decide what is the right gear for meeting their needs. Expectations Set, Expectations Met, No Surprises.

3. Back To Top    #3

It is a hand held unit... New ones are not cheap. Thanks for the info though, I appreciate it.

4. Back To Top    #4

The 4 button remotes are not that expensive. About $120 online. The Pentair part number is 520129.

Scott
    Owner of - PoolGuyNJ LLC
    Expert Pool and Spa Repairs, Renovations, and Augmentation. Helping people decide what is the right gear for meeting their needs. Expectations Set, Expectations Met, No Surprises.

5. Back To Top    #5

I have the same problem. Short of spending $325 I am going to cut mine open with a dremel and epoxy it back together. Pentair knows this is a common problem but has no fix other than buy a new one. Nice gig if you can get it... $3 worth of epoxy and 10 cents worth of solder and it will work again. I will post my results.

6. Back To Top    #6

I have the same problem and want to know if anybody has posted a DIY fix tutorial or pics

7. Back To Top    #7

I'm bumping this thread to see if anyone has had any luck opening the case of the remote to perform repairs. I've go the same problem as the OP.
    IG, Peb Tec, 15,000 gal saltwater pool with spillover spa. Pentair Clean and Clear Plus cartridge filter (flow rate 150 gpm). Pentair WhisperFlo 2hp pump + 3/4 hp booster pump. Intelichlor IC40 cell. UltraPure Turbo Shock ozone generator. Pentair 320 in-line feeder for winter chlorination. StaRite Max-E-Therm nat gas heater. Pentair EasyTouch controls

8. Back To Top    #8

Did you get it open? How did the repair go? After 6 years mine just quit working. As an electronics engineer I think I can fix mine if I could just get it open!! Any help??

9. Back To Top    #9

Try this before you open it. This worked for me. Open the battery compartment in the back. Take a hair dryer and blow air between the tiny gap that you can see the green circuit board. Try different heat levels for a couple of minutes. Let the remote sit for 30 secs and then put the batteries again and try. Good luck!!

10. Back To Top    #10

If it turns out that you have to replace the remote, please consider the Screenlogic 2 interface. It really does make the previous remote controls obsolete. You get the ability to control your pool from your PC, Iphone or Android device. You can even control your pool from anywhere in the world. I love my Screenlogic and would highly recommend it, as would many people on this site. It works with Easytouch, Intellitouch and Suntouch controllers.

http://www.sunplay.com/pentair-scree...ireless-522104
    38000 Gal, IG, Plaster, 20' x 40' x 10', Attached Raised Spa, Intelliflo VS 3 HP (011018), Pentair Quad DE 60 Filter, Raypak (Rheem) 400,000 BTU (407a low Nox), Easy Touch 8 upgrade, Screenlogic 2 with wireless, IS-4 Spa Side Remote, Stenner 45MPHP10 w/15 gal tank, Intellibrite 5g (3), Dolphin Triton Plus robot with PRO remote, Water Tech Catfish handheld vacuum for spa, TF100 with SpeedStir.