Not mine, but I wouldn't mind if it were. A hidden pool?

Does it come apart for cleaning? 'Cause when that big algae bloom hits...
[edit] Is it sad that my first thought is about cleaning it? Not too long ago, I'd have just been impressed and wanted one to play in. Darn you, TFP.[/edit]

This reminds me of my Connecticut childhood. A friend had a pool which was built without permits; building it with permits would have caused the property tax assessor to notice and increase the property tax due. Every fall, after closing, we would build a wood frame inside the structure of the pool, cover the pool with sheets of plywood painted to match the brown grass, and cover the plywood with leaves, etc.

The assessor used aerial photography year-to-year comparison, done in the fall when the leaves were off the trees, to look for unpermitted construction like this pool. We hid the pool!

This system would have been a lot easier.

Ok... so I have to just say that's cool! So beats having to put up a fence and all of that.... but would probably still have to for city regulations.

I do wonder how the cleaning works with that, and where I live... I'd have to have a heater if I had a pool like that. I imagine my heating fees would quickly add up to the cost of the fence I had to have.

Man, I wish my parents had one of those when I was growing up! I would have waited till they were having friends over all sitting out there on it, then hit the switch, screaming "DIVE! DIVE! DIVE!"

I would still be recovering from the beating!

I saw this on FaceBook and from what I understand, the company is in Limbo waiting for financial backing. It is a great idea though! The owner said the cost is about 30% more than a regular inground pool. You don't see it in that video, but the round center piece serves as a patio table too! If you are on FaceBook, do a search on it and you will see more info. I wished this was available when I was in the market for a pool!
Hey Big_kid, I see you are in Va. Bch, I'm in Chesapeake.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.