Polaris not running...no water coming out of the returns

aeroby

Dec 20, 2011
Bought a new house and it has a pool... I've slowly been figuring the thing out. It is a 15,000 gallon, IG, Pentair DE, with waterfall and sprayers, downstream from that is the hose for the Polaris booster pump and an auto-chlorine dispenser is downstream from that. The large return pipe goes into the ground after the chlorine dispenser and the Polaris booster line comes out of the pump and goes into the ground beside the large return pipe. Pressure at the filter pump is normal, filter pressure is normal. Water comes out of the falls and sprayers. To get water to go through the auto-chlorinator I have to turn off the falls and turn on the sprayers (even though it looks like they are all connected with the same pipe), but as water starts to come out in the dispenser, the booster pump gets really loud as if its working too hard. And when I turn on the pumps, no water returns into the pool to power the Polaris.

Any advice?

Amanda

Welcome to TFP!

If you could post some pictures of your plumbing and valves, it would help us figure it out. Normally a loud pump means it isn't getting enough water.

I went to get some pics of the system last night and it was too dark, but I noticed that the booster pump didn't sound like it was running. So to check, I turned everything off and then turned on just the booster (I figured a moment wouldn't hurt it). Sure enough it didn't turn on. It was running this weekend when I was cleaning the pool and noticed that I wasn't getting water returning out of the jets. I'm going to test some more stuff tonight, trip the breakers and such. But if it really won't power on, what is my problem now? I haven't noticed any leaks on the outside of the pumps. My system is on a concrete pad, but doesn't really have much weather shielding and it did just rain off and on the last 2 days.

Yes...it was a simple valve configuration issue. One of those things where one person is watching and the other is turning things around and things get crossed up, literally. At any rate, thanks for listening. Sometimes it just takes writing something down for the lightbulb to go off in your head.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.