Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Can I reuse Jandy 3-way valves

1. Back To Top    #1

Can I reuse Jandy 3-way valves

I have several Jandy 3-way valves that have 2" pipe over the outside of the 1.5" inlet/outlet ports; I would like to be able to reuse these valves and I was wondering if there is a way to remove the 2" PVC fittings on the ports.
    SW FL, 19K IG with spillover & cage, Goldline Pro-Logic PS-8, Hayward Sense & Dispense, Hayward Swim Clear 4025, Hayward Ecostar VS pump, Stenner MA pump, Aquabot, Hayward Aquarite SWG, Palin Pooltest 9, Helicol Solar.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Can I reuse Jandy 3-way valves

You could try to split the cuffs off the nipples and peel them off. Most Jandy style valves are designed to accept 2 different sizes of pipes. They're either 1½"/2" or 2"/2½". You can use smaller pipe and glue it inside the cuff and still use the valve.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

Does anyone sell just the lower part of the valve body?
    SW FL, 19K IG with spillover & cage, Goldline Pro-Logic PS-8, Hayward Sense & Dispense, Hayward Swim Clear 4025, Hayward Ecostar VS pump, Stenner MA pump, Aquabot, Hayward Aquarite SWG, Palin Pooltest 9, Helicol Solar.

4. Back To Top    #4

Not normally but some techs may have one or two laying around left over from previous repairs. I only have a 2 way at the moment.

Scott
    Owner of - PoolGuyNJ LLC
    Expert Pool and Spa Repairs, Renovations, and Augmentation. Helping people decide what is the right gear for meeting their needs. Expectations Set, Expectations Met, No Surprises.

5. Back To Top    #5

You could use a sander to remove the 2" PVC from the outside. Be careful not to go too deep.

6. Back To Top    #6

I would not encourage that. The cement/glue used for PVC is solvent based as it is. The bond is a chemically formed weld. Sanding can easily create an out of round condition that will leak eventually.

Scott
    Owner of - PoolGuyNJ LLC
    Expert Pool and Spa Repairs, Renovations, and Augmentation. Helping people decide what is the right gear for meeting their needs. Expectations Set, Expectations Met, No Surprises.